Welcome dude and thanks for your service
Selamlar Yerel gezginler.
Name: Timothy Patrick Kimmel Jr
I became a local guide after leaving a review about a local bar, The Village, they were rude to me for no reason and so I responded forthwith. Google seemed to like my review and kept asking me to review more and so here I am a year later as a number one reviewer in Kodiak, Alaska. I’m actually really proud of myself because it just sort of happened without intent.
My favorite places are the woods and the beaches. The woods around Russian Ridge Trail System and Pillar Mountain. The beaches out in Chiniak, AK Or China AK as it has been coined by me sometimes. Most of all I love being outdoors and enjoy the wildlife.
Hello @Timot and warm Welcome to Local Guides Connect.
I want to inform you that I’m merging your post to our monthly feature Introduce Yourself — June 2026 to you , where you can meet local guides from around the world.
I also wanted to recommend to you, check Read first! Connect community guidelines for more information on Connect redesign FAQ: Your questions answered!,
& You can also Visit Community guidelines page for in-depth resources on the Connect features.
and many more ![]()
Hello @MusaEldoud and warm Welcome to Local Guides Connect.
I want to inform you that I’m merging your post to our monthly feature Introduce Yourself — June 2026 to you , where you can meet local guides from around the world.
Moreover, Here you can follow the five prompts below and share your introduction In this thread including your photo (in landscape mode).
1.Name:
2.Location:
3.What I love about being a Local Guide:
4.My favorite thing to explore:
5.Fun Fact about me:
A landscape photo of you with a brief description.
I also wanted to recommend to you, check Read first! Connect community guidelines for more information on Connect redesign FAQ: Your questions answered!,
& You can also Visit Community guidelines page for in-depth resources on the Connect features.
and many more ![]()
Google Maps اصبح جزء اساسي من مسيرتنا في الحياة
Hello @Raed.Alromish and warm Welcome to Local Guides Connect.
I want to inform you that I’m merging your post to our monthly feature Introduce Yourself — June 2026 to you , where you can meet local guides from around the world.
Moreover, Here you can follow the five prompts below and share your introduction In this thread including your photo (in landscape mode).
1.Name:
2.Location:
3.What I love about being a Local Guide:
4.My favorite thing to explore:
5.Fun Fact about me:
A landscape photo of you with a brief description.
I also wanted to recommend to you, check Read first! Connect community guidelines for more information on Connect redesign FAQ: Your questions answered!,
& You can also Visit Community guidelines page for in-depth resources on the Connect features.
and many more ![]()
Bonjour à tous,
Je m’appelle Olivier et je suis Local Guide niveau 6 en France.
J’habite à Saint-Raphaël, sur la Côte d’Azur, une région magnifique entre mer et massif de l’Estérel. J’aime partager mes avis, mes photos et mes découvertes sur Google Maps afin d’aider les visiteurs et les habitants à trouver les meilleurs endroits à découvrir.
Je rejoins aujourd’hui la communauté Local Guides Connect pour échanger avec d’autres guides du monde entier, partager nos expériences et découvrir de nouvelles idées pour améliorer nos contributions.
Je suis passionné par les voyages, les paysages, le patrimoine local et les bonnes adresses de notre région.
Au plaisir de vous lire et de découvrir vos publications !
À bientôt,
Olivier
Hello @Olivier-Boulouris-83 and warm Welcome to Local Guides Connect.
I want to inform you that I’m merging your post to our monthly feature Introduce Yourself — June 2026 to you , where you can meet local guides from around the world.
Moreover, Here you can follow the five prompts below and share your introduction In this thread including your photo (in landscape mode).
1.Name:
2.Location:
3.What I love about being a Local Guide:
4.My favorite thing to explore:
5.Fun Fact about me:
A landscape photo of you with a brief description.
I also wanted to recommend to you, check Read first! Connect community guidelines for more information on Connect redesign FAQ: Your questions answered!,
& You can also Visit Community guidelines page for in-depth resources on the Connect features.
and many more ![]()
Hello @Buckeye and warm Welcome to Local Guides Connect.
I want to inform you that I’m merging your post to our monthly feature Introduce Yourself — June 2026 to you , where you can meet local guides from around the world.
Moreover, Here you can follow the five prompts below and share your introduction In this thread including your photo (in landscape mode).
1.Name:
2.Location:
3.What I love about being a Local Guide:
4.My favorite thing to explore:
5.Fun Fact about me:
A landscape photo of you with a brief description.
I also wanted to recommend to you, check Read first! Connect community guidelines for more information on Connect redesign FAQ: Your questions answered!,
& You can also Visit Community guidelines page for in-depth resources on the Connect features.
and many more ![]()
(topic deleted by author)
@KashifMisidia thank you. I am more informed on how the process is done.
Hi! I am a New York based travel enthusiast who loves nature, state parks, museums and eating out. Its so nice to be part of this community ![]()
1. Name: Behzad
2. Location: Amol, Mazandaran, Iran
3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love helping local businesses grow, sharing accurate information, and exploring new places on Google Maps.
4. My favorite thing to photograph/review: I enjoy reviewing and sharing photos of local attractions, nature, and cultural sites.
5. Fun fact about me: I am a professional web and graphic designer with years of experience, and I’m currently working on improving my English skills!
My Dream:
Being part of the Local Guides community means the world to me. It has always been my deepest passion and ultimate dream to one day join Google as an official team member, specifically working on Google Maps. Contributing to a tool that connects the whole world is where my heart truly belongs, and I will keep doing my best every day to get closer to this dream. ![]()
All the best for your journey as a local guide @Buckeye ![]()
Hi @MushGoesPlaces welcome to Connect! I visited NY for the first time last year, and I definitely want to visit it again. Since you mentioned travel: have you ever been in Belgium (my home country)?
To keep things a bit organized, we have a monthly ‘introduce yourself’ thread, so I have now merged your post into this month’s post.
Meet Jeannie Wright
Name: Jeannie Wright
Location: Temecula, California, USA
What led me to become a Local Guide
I’ve always enjoyed exploring new places and sharing my experiences with others. Living in Temecula Wine Country has given me the opportunity to discover wonderful wineries, restaurants, hotels, shops, and local attractions that many people might otherwise overlook.
As someone who loves photography and helping people make informed decisions, becoming a Local Guide felt like a natural fit. Over the years, I’ve contributed reviews and photos because I know how valuable honest feedback can be when you’re deciding where to stay, dine, shop, or visit.
I especially enjoy supporting local businesses. A thoughtful review or a few quality photos can help a small business gain visibility and help visitors discover places they might never have found on their own. Knowing that my contributions help both travelers and business owners is what keeps me motivated.
My favorite thing to explore
I love discovering places that create memorable experiences. Whether it’s a hidden winery in Temecula, a family-owned restaurant, a charming hotel during my travels, or a beautiful local park, I’m always looking for places with character and a story to tell.
Travel is one of my greatest passions, and I enjoy documenting my experiences through photographs and reviews. I especially love exploring wine regions, scenic destinations, and unique local businesses. When I find a place that delivers exceptional service, beautiful surroundings, or a special experience, I enjoy sharing it with others.
I also enjoy revisiting places over time to see how they evolve and improve. Updating reviews and adding current photos helps ensure that people have accurate and useful information when planning their own visits.
Fun fact about me
Photography has become one of my favorite hobbies, and my Google Maps photos have received millions of views. I love capturing everything from beautiful landscapes and wineries to restaurants, hotels, and local attractions.
Another fun fact: I often combine my passion for wine, travel, and real estate. Whether I’m exploring a winery in Temecula Wine Country, traveling abroad, or helping someone discover the lifestyle that makes Temecula so special, I’m always looking for experiences worth sharing.
For me, being a Local Guide is about more than writing reviews—it’s about helping people discover great places, supporting local businesses, and sharing experiences that make communities stronger and more connected.
Gabriel Gómez Rosete es un promotor del turismo de aventura y naturaleza en México, con una trayectoria vinculada al montañismo, la exploración y el desarrollo del turismo sostenible en el estado de Veracruz. Desde 1996 ha impulsado experiencias de ecoturismo y actividades al aire libre a través de Orizaba Travel Experiences y diversos proyectos enfocados en la conservación y el desarrollo comunitario.
Apasionado de la alta montaña, ha realizado cientos de ascensos al Pico de Orizaba y ha participado en labores de rescate y promoción de la seguridad en zonas de montaña. Asimismo, ha sido conferencista y promotor de estrategias para la gestión de riesgos y el fortalecimiento del turismo sostenible y comunitario en Veracruz.
Su trabajo se ha orientado a la creación de experiencias que integran aventura, cultura y conservación ambiental, promoviendo destinos de las Altas Montañas de Veracruz y fomentando el turismo responsable como una herramienta para generar bienestar económico y preservar el patrimonio natural para las futuras generaciones.
Frase que resume su visión:
“La aventura, la naturaleza y la conservación son caminos para transformar comunidades y conectar a las personas con el patrimonio natural de México.”
Hello @GabrielRosete and a warm welcome to Connect.
Thank you for sharing your exciting introduction. Please note that I am moving it to our monthly introduction topic so you can better connect with fellow Local Guides.







