Bring Back Local Guides Summit or Create Special Global/Regional Events for Level 8+ Contributors!

> Hello Google Local Guides team and community members,

> First of all, I want to state that **I do not know English**, and I am writing this post with the help of translation tools because this topic is very important to me.

> As a **Level 8 Local Guides contributor**, I have spent a lot of time, effort, and passion updating maps, adding accurate photos, and helping millions of people discover places. However, looking at active programs, it feels like high-level, experienced contributors are missing out on special rewards and global gatherings.

> We see amazing community-driven events and international meetups happening in places like the United States, but senior contributors who have dedicated years to this platform also want to feel valued directly by Google. We miss the excitement of the old Google Local Guides Summits and special offline events.

> My suggestion is: Can Google organize special regional or global events, meetups, or reward programs specifically for Level 8 and above contributors? Recognizing our long-term efforts with direct invitations or exclusive programs would massively boost our motivation.

> Thank you for reading my thoughts!

7 Likes

Hi @Ozmns56 and welcome on Connect!

These events you requested are already happening.

Read this post by @TsekoV carefully to stay up to date : How to stay connected for special event invites and early access

Bye,
David

1 Like

I agree with @davidhyno

Find the lastest connect live announcement here

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t/raise-your-hand-for-connectlive-2026/498313

1 Like

Welcome to Connect @Ozmns56
You already had 2 great replies from @davidhyno and @MortenCopenhagen . However, as this is your first post here in Connect (the community of the Local Guides) I am a bit confused about what you wrote.

This year Connect Live was hosted in Dublin (Ireland) and Singapore, and the third one will happens in a few days in Mexico city.

In 2025 it was hosted in Tokyo, Bangalore and New York

The EuroMeet-up 2025 was a Community driven event hosted in Lucca, Italy, and Community Driven Meet-up are hosted all over the world, as you can easily discover by exploring the Meet-ups - Local Guides Connect category.

Where did you got the information written in your post?

2 Likes

Thank you for your help. Actually, I’m new here and I wrote all this with the information I got from artificial intelligence.This is the first time I’ve heard of something called Connect Live. I’m just someone who goes and takes pictures of the surroundings and shares them.

I don’t know how to participate in Connect Live. I think applications open in January.

This is a strange way to approach writing a post, @Ozmns56. If you were aware of a real problem, you wouldn’t have to ask AI to create the problem for you.

I’m also curious about your claim to be a Level 8 Local Guides contributor. Your profile shows you’re only a short distance along the journey from Level 7 to Level 8. Did you perhaps lose a large number of points due to the spam filter removing some of your contributions?

1 Like

Tony, is it the level or the problem here? The level rises in a few days. I’m looking for an answer.

If it weren’t for artificial intelligence, I wouldn’t even know about a platform called Local guide.

Anyway, thank you for the help