SyedZeeshan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How to change the village name?

Hello LGs.

I'm currently unable to change or report the incorrect village name.

You can see screenshots of the village. I have no option to report. And Map maker is also closed now.

So, how to change it.

Actual name: Vengamukkapalem

Wrong maps name: VegamukkapalemScreenshot_20171115-105923.png

Screenshot_20171115-105627.png

Vegamukkapalem, Andhra Pradesh, India
13 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: How to change the village name?

@SyedZeeshan Local Guides and ourselves cannot edit/add the political/geographical/transport layer in Google Maps. Google works with local government and authorities for that. What we can do is to report a required edit. Go to Google Maps, desktop or app, go to menu, select "Send Feedback", and select the appropriate item. Usually this could be the "Report Location Issues" and add a screen shot feature should be there.

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

@SyedZeeshan Local Guides and ourselves cannot edit/add the political/geographical/transport layer in Google Maps. Google works with local government and authorities for that. What we can do is to report a required edit. Go to Google Maps, desktop or app, go to menu, select "Send Feedback", and select the appropriate item. Usually this could be the "Report Location Issues" and add a screen shot feature should be there.

Level 7

But, In "Edit the map", if I select the village, I'm not getting next option.(see pic)Screenshot_20171115-110932.png

"Add a missing place" is not right one.

"Report missing road" is also not accurate one.

"Send app feedback" might help but, it is about app. Info will goto other staff.

"Report location issues" is all about my GPS (Blue dot issues) location.

Level 10

@SyedZeeshan I know. I asked this question before, the exact same question. Because the menu under Send Feedback wasn't so intuitive, I was suggested to use Send Feedback, Report Location issues, Under report blue dot issues, select Other.. then type in as clear as possible, need to change what to what. I know that it's ideal that you are there so the blue dot appears there, but you can describe in the remark field.

@YK1001, anything you can add here?

Level 7

OK. 

BTW, I'm not at that village. I'm living in beside city of it.

Any how, I'll report it from the Send feedback > Report location issues > Other.

Thanks for the info.

But, Google needs to make it much flexible to make LGs contribute flawlessly.

Level 9

Hey @SyedZeeshan go to the 3 dots of right side of that entry.

You will find edit option.

Go to select and edit (Name)

Then you can edit the name of that place.

It can be approve instant and can be pending for 6 month.

Happy Mapping

Level 7

There is no option to edit except a option "Download offline map".Screenshot_20171115-124511.png

Level 9

Ooops !! @SyedZeeshan Now Only option is left.

Add a new place at the same place with all corrected information.

it will be a duplicate but the name will be corrected in next step of google verification.

Happy Mapping

Level 10

@RonneBD Local Guides and ourselves cannot edit/add the political/geographical/transport layer in Google Maps. That includes, towns, rivers, mountains, lakes, state borders etc etc. Google works with local government and authorities for that. What we can do is to report a required edit. Go to Google Maps, desktop or app, go to menu, select "Send Feedback", and select the appropriate item. Usually this could be the "Report Location Issues" and add a screen shot feature should be there.

Level 8

Hi @StephenAbraham,

Correct.  We LGs cannot edit political boundaries.  We need to use Send Feedback -> Other Feedback to tell Google about the issue.