Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Hello, World!

Hi, folks!  I am a North Carolina resident- any other fellow Tarheels doing much as a Local Guide?  Where are you?

Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself

1. Name: Jill
  2. Location: Phoenix AZ
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide:  I like to see photos of places on maps so being able to provide that for others is fantastic!
  4. I love to share: Photos.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Started seeing the designation next to names pop up in reviews.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Once a cat bit me when (*because) I was singing Safety Dance.  I. Can't. Sing.    ;-}
Googler

Re: Hello, World!

I love North Carolina but am in NYC myself. @MartinBrossman is in North Carolina! 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Googler

Hey @Charlie_S, you got a shoutout from @JR_Curley

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

1. Name: Carmelo
  2. Location: Rome, italy
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love discovering small curiusities about cities and always looking for interesting things. Also I have the possibility to add photos to enrich the reviews and to share my experiences with all the community
  4. I love to share: Photos and panoramas in a Google+ post in the Local Community 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I met the program through the official google's channels 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I like to take pictures and cook. Traveling and discover new opportunities, always with friends 😉

Nice and interesting initiative; I'm very curious to see the next news! If you want, I added my Google+ profile link 😉

Level 7

Hi everyone.

My name is Snehasish. I'm from Puri, Odisha.

I am a Local Guides Unofficial community Moderator from India.

It will be fun meeting you all over here!

Regards,
Snehasish Nayak.
Community Moderator, Odisha Local Guides.
LINK: https://plus.google.com/communities/110486553449522464379
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Name: Dragan Kajtez
  2. Location: Mrkonjić Grad, Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Being a local guide is very useful, I help someone and someone helps me with reviews and photos. I also have the opportunity to meet up with Googlers what is important to me because I whant to work at Google.
  4. I love to share: Depends, usually what is important and quality by my opinion (Restaurants, Cafes, Tourist locations, etc.).
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: 3 years ago I started to maping on Google Map Maker, and so I started to writing reviews on Maps. Soon after I created the community "Bosnia and Herzegovina Local Guides". Now I am Regional Lead (Google Map Maker - Google Maps) and Local Guide (Level 5)
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am packing up and moving to some better country. Looking for job (at Google but I am open for all) in some good and nice country... This is my Personal Website where you can find more about me (my skills and CV) ! Love Photography & Filmography and new technology...

I am applied to these two at Google Careers also: 

1. Content Strategist, Local Guides, New York  
  2. Community Manager, Local Guides, Singapore

Facebook          LinkedIn          Personal Website

13567181_258507151196721_7054055482136012988_n.jpg

Level 3

1. Name: Luan Cristian da Silva
  2. Location: Três Lagoas, Mato Grosso do Sul, Brasil
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Feel that I can help many people get the right feeling of the place and be able to correct infos.
  4. I love to share: Pics about games, dogs and foods 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: On the Google Maps Community on G+
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love games, pc's, food and have a lovely wife and two dogs
Level 4

1. Name: Josh
  2. Location: Roanoke, VA USA (tag your location in the location field below)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Being able to leave advice and pictures about the place ive been, So others can have an idea about it. 
  4. I love to share: Pictures, Reviews and Advice about the place. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Long time user of all google products. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: App Developer/World Travler
Level 4

Name: Dany
What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that I can share a little bit of my experience and my trips, I saw it like a great window for everyone.
I love to share: I love to share photos and my review because I love share my experience 
How did I hear about Local Guides: I received an email invitation 
Fun Fact About Me: I love travel, that's my passion, I love my family and dogs.