Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hi, I am Martin Brossman in Raleigh NC, USA. Helping with the Triangle Local Guides. I also helped set up a few other unofficial local guides groups in NC. As of today, I have written 820 reviews with over 69 million views of my photos: https://plus.google.com/+MartinBrossman/reviews . I am a big advocate of small and micro businesses and encourage everyone I meet to not just #ShopLocal but #ReviewLocal. My interest in the local guides program is support Google in staying closely connected to the real world, real small businesses and understand good education and clear (not just clever) marketing of new products is very important.  I am also committed to the different divisions of Google to work together better, for example, the Google My Business program working with the Google Local Guides working with the Google Maps program. I have seen a lot of improvements in these areas since I joined the Local Guides and will keep pushing for more! I greatly appreciate all the hard working Google employees I have met. 

Happy to connect with all of you on G+, FB, Twitter and LinkedIn. Just Google my name to learn more about me "Martin Brossman"!

Level 8

1. Name: Lord Parker
  2. Location: Somerset, UK
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love meeting up with people from all walks of life and the challenge of keeping my area up to date, oh an moderating my local community
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos, as a photographer, they are so important to me to convey the local areas of interest.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was informed by some chums that work for Google 🙂
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am descended from King Edward III, I am an English Lord, a Doctor of Computer Science and a Baron. 
Level 8

1. Name: Juan
  2. Location: Medellín, Colombia
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love to share my feelings and recommendations about places. Also, I know that I am helping other people.
  4. I love to share: I like to share reviews and update data about the place.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was looking for a place in Google Maps and I found out the link "Tus contribuciones"
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to travel around the world (when I can). I have a blog about my trips and I have a blog about my city.

P.S: I apologize for my English level.

Level 7

1. Name: Prince Ghimire
  2. Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: A small contribution from my side helps people in so many ways.
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos. The number of viewers in my photoes, the local guide bonus programme really inspire me to do so.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Research and self Explored
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Let me leave this one blank 😄
Level 5

• Name: Warren
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: I loved the free T-shirt.
  • I love to share: I share primarily photos, but do write some reviews when a location is either awesome, or crummy. 
  • How did I hear about Local Guides: Been a contributor for a while.  New name for an old system.
  • Fun Fact About Me: I'm a professional photography, Ordained Pastor, and have DJ/Live sound experience.  All I can't do for your wedding is cater. 

Warren 2014-10-10 340x340 head.jpg

Level 5

• Name: Aney Morales
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: Mostrar los bonitos lugares de mi región 
  • I love to share: Fotos 
  • How did I hear about Local Guides:  Google me invito 
  • Fun Fact About Me:  Un amigo más 

Level 8

1. Name: Valdemar
  2. Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that I'm not only a helping hand for travelers or tourists but I'm also a part of a very big global community. It's nice that we can share our ideas not with our local friends but also with a stranger (Local Guide) from the other side of the world.
  4. I love to share: I love to share everything! Photos keep me exited because I know how many people I helped, photos often need a review to understand it, questions are fun to answer. And adding/editing places let me know that I'm helping for locals and tourists as well.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I saw a video on YouTube (I guess). 😄
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Today I signed a contract for a job!
Level 9

1. Name: Gregg
  2. Location: Upstate New York, USA 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love being able to share my experiences and get great advice from others that have been there before me.
  4. I love to share: Photos! Watching my views climb into the millions!
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was a Glass Explorer and many of my old friends from Project Glass were joining the Local Guides program. Originally I was bummed that we didn't have an LG group in our area. So I joined New York's. I love that I was eventually able to start our LG group for my area.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I spend my free time in Upstate New York, Wilmington, NC and Charlotte, NC. 
Level 7

1. Name: Charles
  2. Location: Austin, TX
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love getting to share experiences about locations.  Helping others to know when their money will be well spent, and learning from others the same about my money.
  4. I love to share: Experiences.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was originally a Google City Expert.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I have been programming since I was 10 years old.  I started on a keyboard that saved my work on a cassette tape.  At one point, I actually owned a "small" (about 5' long and 3' wide) tape drive mainframe.
Level 5

1. Name: William Graves
  2. Location: Rome, Georgia
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that my opinions and voice can be used to benefit others as they explore the world around them!
  4. I love to share: Photos!  It's amazing to see how some seemingly random images get thousands and thousands of views.  It makes me know my contributions are working.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I keep my ear pretty close to the Google ground.  🙂
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I always have a camera at hand, and the hobby has turned into a business.  You can find me online by searching wgravesphoto.   Cheers!