sophiawang's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

"locals"

Some information can only be obtained from "locals."

"Local people" generally refers to residents who have lived in the area for a long time or who are local people at the time.
Regardless, "locals" can provide us with useful, direct, and local information.
Even though google map is a good companion for travelers, it still ignores many places. They may be very mysterious, new or commonplace. Since we have come to the local area, we must seize the opportunity to talk to the local people. If you only travel with your eyes but do not speak, you will miss many precious local messages.

There are several sightseeing spots in the TouCheng township of Yilan County. I am a local and naturally familiar with the local area. According to my experiences, as long as visitors ask me, I will satisfy them in a very short time.

Yilan County, 台灣
5 comments
Level 10

Re: "locals"

you are right @sophiawang. I find somewhat difficult to find locals in urban areas. Everyone is in rush and actual locals are lost in crowd.

But as I move to countryside I use to find friendly and honest locals. Locals are the history of that locality. We also are the locals of our places. This is why Google is focussed on local guide connect project. 🙂

Wherever you go, be like a local

Level 8

Havana Re: "locals"

@BishowvijayaP

Maybe your experience is different from mine. In fact, I often meet local people in a metropolitan city, which makes the journey smoother and more rewarding. For example, in Havana, Cuba, it would be difficult to complete the gourmet experience of coppelia ice cream without the help of local people. https://youtu.be/ZQppwrjyTJ8

Level 10

Re: Havana Re: "locals"

Probably the Hawana Is not affected by migration @sophiawang. 🙂

Level 8

new immigrant Re: Havana Re: "locals"

@BishowvijayaP

In Yilan County, Taiwan, there are many new immigrants and volunteers at the Lanyang Museum. For this reason, I feel that even new immigrants know more about the local situation than tourists. Ask a few more people for a smoother journey (self-guided travel).

Level 10

Re: new immigrant Re: Havana Re: "locals"

Thank you so much for this info @sophiawang 😃