cindy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Weekend Antwerp, what to visit?

Hello everybody,

Soon we will visit Antwerp for a weekend.

What would you think we need to see and visit?

I found some things like the Zoo and the Central station, but maybe you know another nice place we have to see?

Or a place not everybody knows about and is worth checking out?

Or a good place to have dinner or lunch?

Or....

Please let me know your suggestions, thanks already!

Antwerpen, België
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 3
Solution

Re: Weekend Antwerp, what to visit?

well the train station is very beautiful, from there walk to the meir (main shopping street). you can stop at Ruben's house. then on meir if you like waffles there is "the smallest waffle store in the world", try it then maybe go to groenplaats, then grote markt where the cathedral is

another thing you can do is to go to the MAS museum, the view from the top is awesome

you can also go to the antwerp brewery, i liked their tour

for food and drinks there are plenty of restaurants and bars what do you want to try ? 

View solution in original post

Level 8

@cindy I am not sure if it interests you but I had a chance to visit Antwerp for a short while and as the city is referred as the Diamond capital of the world I went to a huge Diamond store and Showroom nearby the center of the city with a free guided tour, witness live craftsmanship letting you discover about the history and every small details you want to know about Diamond production. 

Hopy you

@cindy wrote:

Hello everybody,

Soon we will visit Antwerp for a weekend.

What would you think we need to see and visit?

I found some things like the Zoo and the Central station, but maybe you know another nice place we have to see?

Or a place not everybody knows about and is worth checking out?

Or a good place to have dinner or lunch?

Or....

Please let me know your suggestions, thanks already!

enjoy your stay. 

Level 7

@FikirA wrote:

@cindy I am not sure if it interests you but I had a chance to visit Antwerp for a short while and as the city is referred as the Diamond capital of the world I went to a huge Diamond store and Showroom nearby the center of the city with a free guided tour, witness live craftsmanship letting you discover about the history and every small details you want to know about Diamond production. 

enjoy your stay. 

Thanks @FikirA

Do you know the name of this Diamond store and showroom? It sounds interesting, especially with a free guided tour. 

Did you have to book that before you go there of can you just walk in and go on the tour?

Level 8

@cindy

The place is called Diamondland Antwerp and you can book through their website, in our case it was a group tour so was prearranged. But am sure it will be easy to handle. 

Level 3
Solution

well the train station is very beautiful, from there walk to the meir (main shopping street). you can stop at Ruben's house. then on meir if you like waffles there is "the smallest waffle store in the world", try it then maybe go to groenplaats, then grote markt where the cathedral is

another thing you can do is to go to the MAS museum, the view from the top is awesome

you can also go to the antwerp brewery, i liked their tour

for food and drinks there are plenty of restaurants and bars what do you want to try ? 

Level 7

Thanks for the suggestions @AyaH

Level 7

We had a great time in Antwerp.

The Musical Cats was amazing.

We spent a whole day in the zoo.
of course walked around the city centre and had dinner in some nice restaurants.
We visited the Central station (my train photo which I made there got explored on Flickr)
And we visited the shopping Stadsfeestzaal, so pretty there!