sinišar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Travelling to Madrid /Viajando a Madrid

Things to see in Madrid? Time limited by two days!  

what to visit, what to see?

tips for travelers?

Madrid, Spain
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 7
Solution

Re: Travelling to Madrid /Viajando a Madrid

Hello @sinišar,  What are your preferences? museums, churches, architecture, walks .. Madrid has a lot to see and depending on your preferences you can organize the visit.

If you like art, the Prado Museum would be the first to visit.

If you like to walk, parks like the Retiro Park and "El Capricho" Park are very recommendable places, and the historical area of ​​the city (Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, Plaza de Oriente, Paseo del Prado, Gran Vía or Calle Alcalá).

In the previous streets you can also see some of the most important historical buildings of the city. Highly recommend the Royal Palace.

If you like to visit churches, I like the Crypt of the Cathedral de la  Almudena (the Cathedral I do not like so much, but you can enter to see it), the Basilica de San Francisco el Grande or the church of San Antonio de los Alemanes, although in the historical area there are a lot.

I do not know if I have helped you, the problem is that it is very little time and you have to know how to choose very well according to what you like most.

Saludos

View solution in original post

Level 7
Solution

Hello @sinišar,  What are your preferences? museums, churches, architecture, walks .. Madrid has a lot to see and depending on your preferences you can organize the visit.

If you like art, the Prado Museum would be the first to visit.

If you like to walk, parks like the Retiro Park and "El Capricho" Park are very recommendable places, and the historical area of ​​the city (Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, Plaza de Oriente, Paseo del Prado, Gran Vía or Calle Alcalá).

In the previous streets you can also see some of the most important historical buildings of the city. Highly recommend the Royal Palace.

If you like to visit churches, I like the Crypt of the Cathedral de la  Almudena (the Cathedral I do not like so much, but you can enter to see it), the Basilica de San Francisco el Grande or the church of San Antonio de los Alemanes, although in the historical area there are a lot.

I do not know if I have helped you, the problem is that it is very little time and you have to know how to choose very well according to what you like most.

Saludos

Level 3

@JesusCV thank you for reply,

I love to explore city by walking so i will take all in consideration! 

you helped a lott!

thank you a lott!

Level 3

I made you a Map with 2 proposals, one for the first day, to have a walk through the main and nicest places in the city center and the other one for the second day, which you can visit some museums, It will take more than a day to visit El Prado, and The Thyssen Bornemisza will take you half a Day, so I recommend you to visit Caixa Forum, that has very nice Exhibitions, and a must, El Reina Sofia, and see the other ones just from outside. You can also make a quick visit to El Prado just to see some of the masterpieces, thats up to you.

Here you have the map:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hN-igIinhmDaYXjUUa5agO770tc&usp=sharing

Hope you enjoy your visit. If you also want to know where to eat or to party, just ask 😉

Level 3

Thank you for informations...

Food is always thing i am interested in a lott.. 😉 so good advices allways welcome..

@JorgeD wrote:

I made you a Map with 2 proposals, one for the first day, to have a walk through the main and nicest places in the city center and the other one for the second day, which you can visit some museums, It will take more than a day to visit El Prado, and The Thyssen Bornemisza will take you half a Day, so I recommend you to visit Caixa Forum, that has very nice Exhibitions, and a must, El Reina Sofia, and see the other ones just from outside. You can also make a quick visit to El Prado just to see some of the masterpieces, thats up to you.

Here you have the map:

Hope you enjoy your visit. If you also want to know where to eat or to party, just ask 😉

@JorgeD wrote:

Here you have the map:

Level 5

I'm going to Madrid at the end of July. I've bookmarked the map created by JorgeD. Thanks for the info all!