Pranav's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Travel guide for australia

Australia is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world. It’s known as a major backpacking, camping, road trip, and diving destination, but no matter your travel style, there is something to draw you here. The country is filled with incredible natural beauty from Uluru to the Outback, rainforests to pristine white sand beaches, and of course, the Great Barrier Reef. Sydney’s Harbor Bridge and Opera House are iconic man-made wonders, and Melbourne’s café culture will make you feel like you are in Europe. Coupled with world-class surfing, and it is no wonder people never leave. I’ve been over five times and have criss crossed it three time but, every trip, I find something new about this country to love. Use my extensive travel guide to help plan your next trip. I know you will love the country as much as I do!

8 comments
Level 5

Accomodation in austrailia

Accommodation – Hostels start at 20 AUD per night for a dorm room,  though they get as high as 40 in the big coastal cities. Private rooms with a double bed and a  shared bathroom in hostels  range between 80-100 AUD per night. For budget hotels, you are looking to spend at least around 75-95 AUD for a double room, private bathroom, TV, and breakfast. Larger, chain hotels cost closer to 200 AUD. Camping costs between 15-30 AUD per night (cheaper if you bring your own tent, more expensive if you’re parking an RV

Level 5

Food varities available to eat in austrailia

Food – Food isn’t cheap in Australia! Most decent restaurant entrees cost at least 20 AUD Originally, I thought I was doing something wrong spending so much but as many of my Aussie friends told me “we just get screwed here ” If you cook your meals, expect to pay 100 AUD per week for groceries that will include pasta, vegetables  chicken and other basic foodstuffs. Grab and go places cost around 8-10 AUD for sandwiches. Fast food is around 15 AUD for a meal (burger, fries, soda). The best value food are the Asian and Indian restaurants where you can get a really filling meal for under $10 AUD!

Level 5

Transportation in austrailia

Transportation – Local city trains and buses cost 3-4 AUD. The easiest way to get around the country is via Greyhound. Passes begin at 145 AUD and go all the way to 3,000 AUD. There are also backpacker buses like the Oz Experience that have multi-city passes starting at 535 AUD (though I don’t like the Oz Experience and wouldn’t recommend it). The most popular and cheapest way to travel is to drive yourself. Campervan rentals start at 60 AUD per day and can also double as places to sleep. Flying can be very expensive due to limited competition especially when going from coast to coast. I generally avoid flying in Australia unless I am pressed for time or there is a sale

Level 5

Activities you can do in austrailia

Activities — Multi-day activities and tours are expensive, generally costing 400-540 AUD. Day trips will cost about 135-230 AUD For example, a one-day trip to the Great Barrier Reef can cost 230 AUD while a two-night sailing trip around the Whitsunday Islands can cost upwards of 540 AUD. A three-day trip to Uluru from Alice Springs is around 480 AUD. Walking tours are around 50 AUD and day trips to wine regions are between 150-200 AUD.

Level 5

Daily budget on which you can leave in austrailia

Suggested daily budget — $60-80 AUD / 43-57 USD (Note: This is a suggested budget assuming you’re staying in a hostel, eating out a little, cooking most of your meals, and using local transportation. This also depends greatly on the number of tours you do! Using the budget tips below, you can always lower this number. However, if you stay in fancier accommodation or eat out more often, expect this to be higher

Former Google Contributor

Re: Accomodation in austrailia

Hi @Pranav, I've found this post to have been taken from this site. It'd be great if you can credit the sources accordingly as I've noted to you here.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Former Google Contributor

Re: Travel guide for australia

Hey @Pranav! I just saw this thread! When are you planning to visit Australia? And which part of Australia are you planning to go? Maybe I am able to give you some recs!

Connect Moderator

Re: Travel guide for australia

Hi @Pranav if you're coming to Australia give me a yell.