AnmolJain's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Travel Diary - Chandigarh

header-img-cafes-you-shouldnt-miss-at-elantes-courtyard.jpgsector-17-plaza-chandigarh-5-1024x768.jpgRockGarden-winding-path-1.jpgsukhna-lake.jpgWAlking around Leisure Valley in Chandigarh, India-8.jpgThis is my journey and experience about the Chandigarh - The City Beautiful. Chandigarh is one of the beautiful city i have visited till now. In case you are visiting Chandigarh you can come either By Train/Bus and even By Air as well. The city is well connected by the Local Bus Service (Both AC and Non-AC) which is very easy and convenient method/way of travelling (Note - Don't buy separate tickets - One Can Buy Daily Bus Pass, which makes trip more economical). Following are the main places of attraction once can visit if visiting for a short trip :-

1) Sector 17 (Market)
2) Rose Garden - Remember when you visit the Rose Garden, one should also visit the leisure valley opposite the garden which has a mini Eiffel Tower statue replica and the crowd around the garden is amazing.

3) Rock Garden - One of the best place to visit , but make sure you have enough time to explore the whole garden and do carry your Water Bottle and Food as well,

4) Sukhna Lake - A perfect place to hangout and feel relaxed, Boating and other activities can be also enjoyed there. 

5) Elante Mall - One of the biggest mall spreaded in big area . One can visit for shopping and can enjoy food at the food court.

6) Sector 22 & Sector 15 - Best Market and Place to enjoy street food.

(In Case you need to see college life - Visit Panjab University - Great Place with Great Atmosphere, The food at STUC is mouthwatering and the prices are economical, a must try)

There are so many great restaurants and street food vendors  that you will lick your fingures 😄

The City is well connected with Zirakpur/Mohali/Panchkula (Also Known As Tricity) 

Well every sector in Chandigarh has its own beauty and distinction. One can also visit Kalka,Kasuli and Shimla as well nearby through bus/train .

Overall every single minute spent in Chandigarh is worth and pleasure to visit there.

In case you need any more help feel free to write me anytime 🙂

Chandigarh, India
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Travel Diary - Chandigarh

Hey @AnmolJain,

Welcome to Connect! Thank you for sharing this with us. It's very helpful. Do you have some photos of the trip too?

Since you're new to the community, you might want to Introduce yourself and get to know others. You can also read these Tips: Using Local Guides Connect.

Thanks,

Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Hi @NadyaPN

Yes, I can help you with some in case you need 🙂

Former Google Contributor

@AnmolJain I think the photos will highlight your experience. So feel free to share some. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!