NatalkaR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

The gardens of Marqueyssac: French fairy tale

g_4.jpg

Every year my family – me, my husband and two boys – going to a big summer road-trip by car. It’s amazing time to spend together and to discover new places. This summer we repeat our great experience. We are going to our trip in three weeks. I don’t exactly where we’ll stay. The only thing I know is that our first big stop will be in Greece. Last year we drove 11 000 km and visited 8 countries in Western Europe.

g_6.jpg

Now I want tell you about my big discovery. It’s the  gardens of Marqueyssac in France. Very difficult to describe this natural beauty.

g_7.jpgg_11.jpg

Can you imagine: more than 6 kilometers of shady roads and 150 000 boxwoods aged over hundred years in one place!

g_5.jpg

g_3.jpg

The Marqueyssac gardens located at Vezac in the Dordogne Valley. At first the Château de Marqueyssac was built there at the end of the 17th century by Bertrand Vernet de Marqueyssac.

g_1.jpg

g_12.jpg

The gardens appeared in 19 century. There are many trees - the lime tree, the Judas-tree, the liburnum, the plantain, the elm tree, cypresses and umbrella pines.

During long time the gardens were abandoned.

g_9.jpg

New life began in 1996 year. A new owner Kleber Rossillon  restored the gardens to their old character. In this year the gardens were opened to the public. Now this wonderful park listed as a national historic monument.

g_8.jpg

g_10.jpg

7 comments
Level 8

Re: The gardens of Marqueyssac: French fairy tale

Hi @NatalkaR very beautiful pictures. thanks for share with us.

Level 10

@bdmafuz thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 9

Wonderful photos!

Thanks for sharing @NatalkaR

Best wishes,

Inga

Level 10

@helga19 thanks for your kind words!!!! :-))))

Level 10

Hello guys @ErmesT @OSAMA @Sagir @Jesi  @Badruddeen @ValeriaAumasque @vvbellur @SoniaK! Enjoy my new travel post! I hope you like it :-)))

Level 9

I am in love 💓 with this Wonderful Garden , @NatalkaR , 

Enjoy your summer vacation 🙂

Former Google Contributor

Wow! That's amazing @NatalkaR! This French place you found is super nice. Also, another wow for the 11000km last year. Impressive!

I suppose you'll be passing through Bulgaria on your way to Greece. Do let me know if you have any questions or hesitations. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!