YifatCohen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

The Jordan Valley, Isreal - Not what you think

This is my home town... more like my home village.

It's not over populated, it's not in ruins and there isn't a constant struggle between the Israelis and Arabs living there.

On the contrary.

The open spaces allows the Beduim to roam around freely with their sheep flocks.
The construction work provides steady income to the Arab workers (the land you see being worked on in the video is now filled with beautiful houses. I'll take more pictures next time we're there).

The electric barbwire fence protects the Israelis from Palestinians attacks (which should put most of the stories you read in the news in a different light...because those fences are only around Israeli villages, not Arabs. So who's the attacker and who's being attacked?)
And yet, growing up, I never noticed it or understood the meaning of it.

Perhaps it was because we were surrounded by an electric fence that our parents let us stay out, unsupervised, playing till the sun went down.

We grew up taking care of the animals, working the land in the green houses, building forts and traveling a lot.

Then again, the internet didn't exist back then either 😉

Israel
4 comments
Level 9

Re: The Jordan Valley, Isreal - Not what you think

wow @YifatCohen,  i have never traveled to israel before but I have a few Israeli friends.  Israel seems like a beautiful country with a deep history.  I hope to one day visit Jordan Valley.!

Level 10

Well @YifatCohen, I don't wish to reply the question mentioned above regarding the conflict. As a local guide we do not have any boundaries and we map wherever we go.

But when I see the word 'Jordan' in any post it reminds me of my friend @OSAMA.

I know Isreal for arms training and agriculture. Many people in my country are taken there on G to G basis for agricultural training. I am also quite interested to see farming there.

Thank you so much for sahring a bit about there. 🙂

Have a nice time!

Level 7

I hope you will too.

Not many people make the trip because they think it's dangerous and all that jazz. Which it's not.

It's beautiful, peaceful with really amazing people to meet 🙂

Level 7

I hope you get to visit one day and form your own opinions from personal experience.

I promise that if you do (and depending who you do it with 😉 you'll come out a more rounded man with deeper understanding of what this land is all about.