vp-kups's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Quick tips for Mt Longonot hiking

If you are planning a trip to Mt Longonot  here is a list of things you need:

• Identity card or passport for non-citizens.
  • Hiking shoes.
  • Drinking water
  • Sunglasses
  • Inhalers for the asthmatic
  • A good camera, obviously. 
  • Energy, physical and mental. Hiking distance is 9km and 630m height
  • $20 for non-citizens
  • A raincoat for the rainy season

Find more info from www.trekkinghero.com/blog/mt-longonot-a-great-one-day-trek-from-nairobi.html

Aberdares, Kenya
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Quick tips for Mt Longonot hiking

Hi @vp-kups thanks for sharing your tips, could you share some photos of your hike to show us why it's great?

I might add to your hiking tips, some general hiking tips

• Always tell someone where you are going, when you will be back and how you will contact them afterwards so they know you are safe
  • Take double the water you think you will need and some snacks - even for short hikes like this one in case you get lost or trapped
  • Wear man made fibre clothing that will stay warm if they get wet
  • Take some kind of communication (e.g. phone) if the area is truly remote then carry an epirb.

Regards Paul

Level 6

@PaulPavlinovich Thanks for your useful additions to the tips.

I am going for the hike later today so I will definitely add photos to this post right after.

Connect Moderator

Sounds great, enjoy your hike @vp-kups and I look forward to the photos. 

Regards Paul

Level 6

A couple of shots from my Mt Longonot hike...From the main road, approaching the park. Mt Longonot is on the right background.From the main road, approaching the park. Mt Longonot is on the right background.

This one was taken from trail on the way up, just before reaching the crater.This one was taken from trail on the way up, just before reaching the crater.

Edge of the crater, overlooking Lake Naivasha.Edge of the crater, overlooking Lake Naivasha.