MagsiR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Public transportation: Manila, Philippines for Tourist/Travelers

If you're new in Manila and don't know how to get off from the airport or anywhere in the city.

Here are a couple of travel hacks that may help you save more money for your way around:

1. If you've book a fancy hotel or let's say a travel agency assisted you for hotel reservations and transportation. It is a guarantee for your convenience however, coming from the Hotel or place you're staying in is different. (Unless you're with a travel group.) So, the best way is to use these following applications if you're equipped with android phones or tech savvy. The top apps for easier taxi or transport services is either Grab A Car or Uber. 
  2. If you don't have an app but you see taxi cab's. It's always better to just tell them where you are going and then let the meter flow but, be sure that the meter isn't hacked. If it's only a short distance and a few kilometers away, it shouldn't cost more than a thousand to get to your next destination. Unless it's stated by the app (if ever you're using one or you've made a deal with the cab.).
  3. Now, if you feel like going on for an adventure and taking in local public transport such as Jeeps/Trikes/Sikad or Padyak (Bicycles) that's a whole different story.  

Jeeps normally cost Pesos 8-10 only. It's highly recommended to bring loads of coins/change with you.

Anyhow, this is all I can share for today. If you guys have further information you want to know about, just hit me up a question on where you want to go or how you want to get there and I'd be happy to help you with some of the details I know. 

Good day and thanks for dropping by! 🙂

Manila, NCR, Philippines
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 3
Solution

Re: Public transportation: Manila, Philippines for Tourist/Travelers

Awesome tips @MagsiR! I'm a huge fan of using Uber/Grab in the Philippines, but I would add that it's probably a must to have a local sim before trying to book a ride on one of these two platforms. In my experience, drivers would usually call/text if they have issues finding your exact location, so having a number is definitely a plus! 

View solution in original post

Level 3
Solution

Awesome tips @MagsiR! I'm a huge fan of using Uber/Grab in the Philippines, but I would add that it's probably a must to have a local sim before trying to book a ride on one of these two platforms. In my experience, drivers would usually call/text if they have issues finding your exact location, so having a number is definitely a plus! 

Former Google Contributor

@MagsiR Thanks for sharing these great tips!

Level 7

Hi @MagsiR,

Welcome to local guides connect.

Thank you for sharing great tips, it's really nice to see that at this platform (local guides connect) members are sharing tips, pictures, advices and many more so that others may take benefits of the same.  Many many thanks to @PaoloA also for making the information more relevant.

Level 3

Another tip is try to Google map the place with the help of 360 deg view beforehand. I usually check this out whenever I am not familiar with the place. I also try to remember landmarks that I can easily recognize