Jeffrey1970's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Los Angeles Local Guides

Next March, I am going to be in Los Angeles for a weekend.  I would love to get some good ideas on what free things I could do that most tourist don't know about.

Los Angeles, CA, United States
24 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Los Angeles Local Guides

Hey @Jeffrey1970, I recommend tagging Los Angeles in the location window instead of where you live. This enable people to find the post more easily as it relates to the subject - L.A. 🙂 

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hey @Jeffrey1970, I recommend tagging Los Angeles in the location window instead of where you live. This enable people to find the post more easily as it relates to the subject - L.A. 🙂 

Level 7

@CorrieD wrote:

Thank you CorrieD for your suggestion, and for the video that you sent to me.

@CorrieD wrote:

Level 10

There are awesome places to explore in LA. please check some of social media  links as  hidden losangeles facebook and other links in net

http://la.curbed.com/maps/things-to-do-hidden-attractions-los-angeles

i am not linked to any one of these groups to share the info here..

@JeffD wrote:

@CorrieD wrote:

Thank you CorrieD for your suggestion, and for the video that you sent to me.

@CorrieD wrote:

Level 10

Check out "The Old Zoo" in Griffith Park if you want to have a cool little moment to remember. I know it's Griffith Park so you will inevitably see other people but nothing close to all that much because they all go to the observatory. 

One thing I can say is that I didn't really live until I was able to go into the monkey cage and gorilla caves. 

Majeston Hanna
Level 2

There is also a great app called 5 EVERYday which gives 5 events around the city that are interesting and not that well known. Today, for example, there's an Eastside Food Festival, screening with Tim Burton's animator, and a punk show at the Hammer Museum. LA is so big that it really depends on where you are staying or plan to spend the bulk of your visit. One place tourists never seem to visit is Watts Tower. You should check it out -- but not if you're staying at the beach for only a weekend! LA deserves multiple visits to discover its most hidden gems.

Level 2

I would highly suggest checking out all the restaurants in the Pico area, and taking a walk down Hollywood Boulevard if you have the time.

Level 3

If you want a good source for investigating events happening around LA (movie premiers, gallery openings, festivals, performances of every kind, etc.) it's worth looking at the LA Weekly before you visit.  Another online source is LAist, although that's not set up as easily to look for events or happenings in specific areas.  You just have to browse around the arts & entertainment section.

Level 7

Griffith Park overall is awesome!! Especially the Griffith Park Observatory.

Level 7

Walking down Hollywood Blvd is definitely a cool thing to do!!