cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Long Ke Wan, Hong Kong among CNN's best beaches in the world

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/travel/best-beaches/long-ke-wan/

https://goo.gl/maps/f238edgfFZJ2

CNN consider the best time to visit is April.

Do you agree, @JosephZhan

Long Ke Wan, Hong Kong
11 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Long Ke Wan, Hong Kong among CNN's best beaches in the world

Hi @YK1001,

Thanks for sharing! I'd love to go camping there. Are you planning a trip to this beach? Or you've already been there?

Thanks!

Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Best time to visit I agree it's April too but I have a doubt that Long Ke Wan has such compliment though I guess I never visit there before.  I believe it's very hard to find clear sea water and rubbish free beach in HK and I hope I may be wrong.

Joseph Zhan
Level 8

Hi @NadyaPN,

It is an excellent place for camping.  I've been there more than twenty years ago for camping. 

There is no artifical lighting nearby - thus making it one of the best place to staring at the stars.

I still remember during the night, the sea wave washing onshore will trigger floating micro-organism to release green lights.

Yes, I should plan to go there again.

Connect Moderator

Interesting @YK1001. I never thought Hong Kong could be famous for beaches (usually it's food and shopping for me :p). I wish I knew this when I was in Hong Kong back in Dec 2016. Need to remember this for next time I'm there.

Level 8

Hi @JosephZhan,

In Hong Kong, the serious hiking people will not leave any watse behind.

Due to the remoteness of Long Ke Wan, normally only serious hiking people will go there.  In addition, there is almost no ocean watses washing on-shores there.  Thus making the beaches along that coast unique.

Let's plan a meet-up at Long Ke Wan.

Level 8

Hi @iyudhi,

The Sai Kung East Country Park is very popular even for overseas visitors - the beaches and the hills.

All the 5 beaches being mentioned by that CNN article are excellent.  I visited Ham Tin, Tai Wan and Tai Long East during the X'mas break.

The Tai Long West is more accessible, there are Stores which even can supply cooked food.  Just that there are too many people during holidays.

Connect Moderator

This is amazing @YK1001.  Tranquil, deserted beach is not the first thing that comes to my mind re: Hong Kong.  Definitely, you should go back and visit and take plenty of photos for Google Maps.

I bet this would be a great Hong Kong meetup with @JosephZhan @BellaLui. I just had a conversation with @ErmesT about beach clean-up and removing all the used plastic and waste.  I wonder if what is found here is from China or from local Hong Kong tourist?

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

@iyudhi

The most common myth about Hong Kong is all about Shopping and food, Hong Kong's history/arts activities and nature/countryside are very fascinating too.

Joseph Zhan
Level 8

Those nature and green lovers will not leave a sign there too.

I doubt it's still has some floating bottles from mainland.

I will love to join this meetup and perhaps a camping is better to find out more.

Joseph Zhan