k69keyan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

HOW DOES GOOGLE MAPS KNOW THERE IS TRAFFIC?

When you choose to enable Google Maps with my location, your phone sends anonymous bits of data back to Google describing how fast you're moving. When we combine your speed with the speed of other phones on the road, across thousands of phones moving around a city at any given time, we can get a pretty good picture of live traffic conditions. We continuously combine this data and send it back to you for free in the Google Maps traffic layers. It takes almost zero effort on your part — just turn on Google Maps for mobile before starting your car — and the more people that participate, the better the resulting traffic reports get for everybody.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
7 comments
Level 10

Re: HOW DOES GOOGLE MAPS KNOW THERE IS TRAFFIC?

Level 6

Thank you bro for your encouragement.. this makes the good startup for me

@Ravi_Kiran wrote:

HI @k69keyan good clarification my bro. great bro

Level 10

Level 10

Connect Moderator

Hi @Ravi_Kiran @k69keyan 

Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

I have removed the false solution from these posts. Please only use solutions when there is an answer to a question.

The content from the original post has is a direct copy paste from internet sites. Please use your own words on Local Guides Connect or at least cite your source when you copy text from somewhere else. Your own thoughts and ideas are so much more valuable than reusing other material. We look forward to your contributions.

Regards

Paul

Level 10

HI @PaulPavlinovich thank you bro for your suggestion. I don't know he pasted from internet sites. I think he will understood

thank you once again

Level 9

Thanks for sharing this info, I was wondering about the implementation!! Cheers 🙂