Level 9

HIKING SECOND HIGHEST PEAK OF KARNATAKA

Place-Kumara parvatha AKA Pushpagiri hills,karnataka

Difficulty level-Difficult

Starting point-kukke Subhramanya Temple

Trek distance-14km(one sided)

Best time to trek-October to February 

Trekking fees-75rs/person,Dslr-100rs

The epic journey was started from Mangalore central station with my 11 friends.Takes 1:30 hours from local train.We started our hike at 7:00am  (cause its the best time to hike)with pleanty of water and food since it is not available in the peak except in the bhatra mane(the pit stop-where you can refill water and also have food-100 rs. per plate) .Its a 7km trekk from starting point to the pit stop and we reached around 11 am .Yes it took 4 hours just for 7kms because it was too steep .When we reached Bhattra mane we took a rest for a hour and had lunch,refilled water bottle.Again we started hiking by taking necessary permission from forest officer which is near to bhattra mane.The next stop is at peek which is around 7km from the pit stop and here the difficulty level increases with lot of determination and focus we made it to the summit around 6:00pm.Guess what we were welcomed with a beautiful sunset,pleasant breeze and all our tiredness disappeared and we lost ourselves with this magical thing which happend to us.We are all above the clouds and situation made feel us that we are in heaven.At that very particular time it came to my mind that this is the reason why we leave for .We were so happy that night i dont know how to express my feeelings to you,we were all over the moon,it was just majestic,incredible.

later that night we pitched our tents and cooked maggie noodles.it was a pitch black night and millions of star were sparkling like diamond even fire flies gave  some magical touch that night.We made a bonfire started playing antyakshari and obviously ghost stories.There was no internet and we are all alone at summit.As it  was a diffuclt hike we slept early that night.Next morning we woke at 6:00am to witness another wonder which is sun rising at horizon.we ate some guava as there are plenty of guava tree.ANd started heading back.it was quick we reached around 12:00 pm got fresh and visted kukke temple and had prasadam.

Kumara Parvatha trek is famous because it offers you plenty of camping sites. Some of them are listed bellow.

1. Near to forest office there are two view points, You can camp there, You can get water from Bhattaramane or from Forrest office.
  2. Near to Kalluchappara : It is better place because you will get water here. It is also nice place o watch sunset from this place.
  3. Near to the forest after Shesha Parvatha : You will find flat surface for camping. Water available in post monsoon months only.
  4. Kumara Parvatha peak : On the peak itself. Plenty of space there to camp at peak. Water is not available. You must carry sufficient water to camp here.                    hope i didnt make you bore

if you like it just give kudo it will  inspire me for more such post

Peacecooking maggiecooking maggielets have some rest ..phewwlets have some rest ..phewwbro i cannot find networkbro i cannot find networkIMG_20170501_134406.jpg

Kumaraparvatha Hiking Trail, Kumaralli, Karnataka, India
2 comments
Level 5

Re: HIKING SECOND HIGHEST PEAK OF KARNATAKA

Wow. this place is wonderful.  very nice 😉 

Level 9

Re: HIKING SECOND HIGHEST PEAK OF KARNATAKA

hi @Rezarz

Thank for the compliment.

when you come to india i will take you to this place.

Regards,

shravan