Jake_Lee_S's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Dallas!

Hello all, 

I am going to Dallas next month for a conference and will be staying downtown. I won't have a car rental so am really looking for some thoughts on what are some great places I should hit up when I am in town. Food, entertainment, bars, really whatever you all think is best. Will let you all know how it goes, and of course put up some reviews. 

Dallas, TX, United States
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Dallas!

The Dallas World Aquarium is awesome and can fill up hours of your time. There's also the JFK memorial plaza and surroundings that are interesting to see.

For nightlife, bars and food, House of Blues is good if you like that genre, also the City Tavern on Main Street. There's plenty to find and do no matter what side of downtown you're staying in.

I don't know where you are traveling from or how much you know about the climate here, but if you'll be out during the day be sure to have sunscreen and bottled water, wear a cap if possible. It will be hot. Even at night the lows will be in the upper 80's when you're here.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

View solution in original post

Level 8

There is community named Dallas Local Guides over Google plus with 520 plus members, you can join that and grab more details about Dallas mate @Jake_Lee_S

@Jake_Lee_S wrote:

Hello all, 

I am going to Dallas next month for a conference and will be staying downtown. I won't have a car rental so am really looking for some thoughts on what are some great places I should hit up when I am in town. Food, entertainment, bars, really whatever you all think is best. Will let you all know how it goes, and of course put up some reviews. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution

The Dallas World Aquarium is awesome and can fill up hours of your time. There's also the JFK memorial plaza and surroundings that are interesting to see.

For nightlife, bars and food, House of Blues is good if you like that genre, also the City Tavern on Main Street. There's plenty to find and do no matter what side of downtown you're staying in.

I don't know where you are traveling from or how much you know about the climate here, but if you'll be out during the day be sure to have sunscreen and bottled water, wear a cap if possible. It will be hot. Even at night the lows will be in the upper 80's when you're here.

Level 7

Thank you! Found it and joined! 

Level 7

Thank you! Coming from Massachusetts. I know it's hot, am definitely planning on dressing down for the evening. Inside most of the day. Thanks a bunch!

@TexasWanderer wrote:

Level 8

@Jake_Lee_S Indeed it's warm here in Dallas.  August is normally the peek of the summer. Please make sure you pack accordingly.  If you have any more questions, let me know. Welcome to Dallas 🙂

Robby Sayles