iyudhi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

BoA Travelhouse - Affordable guesthouse in Seoul!

If you're planning to go to Seoul, you need to consider BoA Travelhouse in Seodaemun-gu, Seoul. It's just a few minutes walk away from Hongdae, a very hip and happening place in Seoul. The area is very lively at night, with street food at every corner, restaurant, bars, and also clubs.

IMG_1855.jpg

The place itself is very affordable and welcoming. I paid the equivalent of USD $40 per night for a single room with private bathroom. If you come in groups, you'll be able to cut the cost even lower. You can borrow travel chargers at no cost, kitchen if you want to do some cooking, laundry, and common area to meet other travelers or if you just want to chill after a long day exploring the city. It's very close to the train station as well. Get off at Hongik University station, then look for exit 3 or 4, then just follow the road.

map.PNG

One caveat - Only foreigners are allowed to book in this place. You won't be able to check in if you're Korean. I'm not sure what the reason is, but just looking around I can tell this place is really tailored for foreign traveleres. There are helpful guides everywhere, like suggestions for restaurants, affordable day tours, and even pick up at the airports! Also, if you're Muslim, they have a prayer room at the garden on top floor.

sWGou2v

They have a common room, complete with a fancy instant ramen maker (seriously, I want one). In the middle, there's a pillar with currencies all over the world left by travelers. I thought that's pretty cool.

rEKLe1b

A few more pics:

aLpnZ7e

IMG_1968.jpg

In the end, I highly recommend this place for an affordable place to stay while you're in Seoul. I definitely would book it again next time I'm there (oh I know it's going to happen....)

BoA travel house, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea
5 comments
Googler

Re: BoA Travelhouse - Affordable guesthouse in Seoul!

Thanks for sharing, @iyudhi! This is exactly the sort of travel discovery that gets me super excited and wanting to shout it out from the rooftops (or in Connect now). I also appreciate that you included the Google Maps URL so I can save it on maps. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

@TraciC Yea, at first I thought by tagging the location in the post, it will give me access (link) to the location on Maps. But later I discovered that it only shows the location on the widget on the post, but it doesn't do anything when you click on it. So now I'm starting to include the actual Maps link on the post 🙂

Googler

Awesome. I've shared that feedback with the team to see if we can maximize use of the Google Maps API to have finer location sharing. 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 7

Wow, this is almost exactly what I'm looking for. I'm planning on visiting Korea in June! Although I will be spending some time near Jangsu, where my buddy is teaching. But I feel like the trip would be incomplete without spending some time in Seoul.

Connect Moderator

@iyudhi a Complete travel Guides Information....

with Handy maps........

Thanks for share