jareerahamed's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Bike Trip to Leh

Hi Guides, 

We are a group of 8 people. We have planned a trip to LEH, will be at LEH in July for six daysWe would like to give initial two days time for acclimatization. Say Sunday and Monday. Hopefully those two days we can just roam around for local site seeing at LEH, we would like to have a bike trip LEH - LEH.

Anyone could suggest us with :
1) Hotels/Tents with great view for stay details
2) Bikes rental details, Thunder bird and Impluse
3) Major point to visit with route map with mentioned time frame. 
We would be departing from LEH next Sunday early morning.
Let's 'Meet-Up' & Rock!!

Leh
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Bike Trip to Leh

Hi @jareerahamed Nice to know you are planning bike trip to Leh. I imagine it's really very advantureful trip. 

Please read this post by @PrateekAgarwal

A Paradise on Earth - Ladakh, India

He has recently visited Leh Ladakh and he has good experience about this places. Please contact him via PM. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @jareerahamed Nice to know you are planning bike trip to Leh. I imagine it's really very advantureful trip. 

Please read this post by @PrateekAgarwal

A Paradise on Earth - Ladakh, India

He has recently visited Leh Ladakh and he has good experience about this places. Please contact him via PM. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Level 9

Thanks so much @NareshDarji for mentioning my post here. It is so good to know that you remembered. 🙂

@jareerahamed It is an amazing place and reaching there on a bike is simply unparalleled. 

Since you have asked for recommendations for Bike rentals, can i safely assume that you are reaching Leh via flight and then take bikes from Leh itself to wander Leh region? If yes, then there are numerous bike rental agencies operating in Leh. Thunderbird can easily be found there. Not pretty sure about Impulse.

Points of attraction have been mentioned in my post. Nubra and Pangong will take 1 day each atleast. Anything less than that would deprive you of relishing their beauty. You can also take the scenic route towards Tso Moriri Lake, if you have time of an additional 1 day. There are numerous tents in those regions. I would suggest to make a prior booking as this is the peak season and all tents would be booked. 

Hope I could have been of some help. 🙂 All the best for your journey and I am sure this trip  you will relish for a long time. 

Thanks

Prateek 

Prateek Agarwal
Level 8

Yes flight only. Will do the bookings then and try to add the Tso Moriri Lake route. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience @PrateekAgarwal.

@NareshDarjiThanks again

Connect Moderator

You are welcome @PrateekAgarwal

I always remember some useful Post for my feature trip. 

Level 1

Hi 
I have complete manali to leh ladakh Bike trip in june 
you have also prefer this video its help you 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzyUu9KIxKKWv_kJjP4WVA