SteveGee's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Accessing the inaccessible for people with mobility Challenges

Hi there ALL ...  My first post but hoping to be a constructive part of the community!
I know there's an accessible platform in the works, rating locations in a general sense.... 
BUT... what about in EXTREME sense?
By this, I mean to boldly go where you think no wheelchair has gone before!
I'm a pro photographer and use a chair but can also walk a bit.. therefore allowing me to navigate certain places independently that some others wouldn't be able to.
I will also crawl on the ground, if I have to... to get to certain spots I want to photograph (or do interesting selfies of course! lol

There's quite a few out there with that similar Spirit and I think it'd be great for us to connect with each other and perhaps share thought, advice on places to venture out to... maybe even challenge each other to take we we did another step further?

I'm on Facebook (my primary SM platform at the moment) but will explore what google here has to offer and build a bit of a presence. 

Photo below I had to crawl hands and knees down to this spot on the edge of a cliff in Portugal lol. 
It's a lot higher than it looks but was so awesome!

15626132_10157976147980593_1797896059841836696_o.jpg

2 comments
Level 7

Re: Accessing the inaccessible for people with mobility Challenges

@SteveGee

I salute you for your passion for photography and hope you never stop. It is good to see that you don't think you are bounded by anything to do extreme and visit where no on has before. You can be a great inspiration to the society.

There is new function in Google map which lets you see whether the place have wheelchair accessible entrance or not and is also features if the place itself is wheelchair accessible or not. 

So stay safe.

Happy guiding. 

Regards 

Amit

Connect Moderator

Re: Accessing the inaccessible for people with mobility Challenges