PrabinH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

A must visit place in Japan (Okayama,seito bridge)

1234.jpg

One of the Most amazing place on Earth to be.... A place where the architect has cross beyond the human limits. Yes,its seto-ohashi bridge which connects Okayama and Kagawa prefectures in Japan across a series of five small islands in the Seto Inland Sea.It is the only one bridge with railroad connection and named as the world's longest two-tiered bridge system. It almost takes about 20 minutes by car or train to cross the bridge.Back at 2010,I went there and the experience of walking through the glass panel underneath the bridge ,looking downward at the see through glass panel was a breath taking experience ..... I have have only three words for my experience " GO and visit".

The name of the other six bridges are...
Shimotsui-Seto Bridge
Hitsuishijima Bridge
Iwakurojima Bridge
Yoshima Bridge
Kita Bisan-Seto Bridge
Minami Bisan-Seto Bridge.

Setoo Bridge, Kurashiki, Okayama, Japan
1 comment

Accepted Solutions
Level 7
Solution

Re: A must visit place in Japan (Okayama,seito bridge)

Thanks for the post @PrabinH - I hope I can visit one day.
On a related note, I did visit a different bridge in the area next door.

800px-Big_Naruto_Bridge04n3872

Alternatively, for those who are in the Kansai (West Japan) area but can't make it all the way to Okayama...

The Akashi-Kaikyo Bridge AND Ōnaruto Bridge are both located on the Kobe-Awaji-Naruto Expressway right off of Kobe is smaller but still offers a similar experience and then some.

They have a museum, glass floor and outdoor walkway all under the bridge for you to check out all the awesome engineering that went into the structure. For those who are feeling more adventurous, they have an elevator which will take you to the top of the bridge - 300 m above the water! Lastly, the famous naturally-occurring Naruto whirlpools can be seen from here as well (and nowhere else in Japan).

Official Akashi Bridge Website (English)

View solution in original post

Level 7
Solution

Re: A must visit place in Japan (Okayama,seito bridge)

Thanks for the post @PrabinH - I hope I can visit one day.
On a related note, I did visit a different bridge in the area next door.

800px-Big_Naruto_Bridge04n3872

Alternatively, for those who are in the Kansai (West Japan) area but can't make it all the way to Okayama...

The Akashi-Kaikyo Bridge AND Ōnaruto Bridge are both located on the Kobe-Awaji-Naruto Expressway right off of Kobe is smaller but still offers a similar experience and then some.

They have a museum, glass floor and outdoor walkway all under the bridge for you to check out all the awesome engineering that went into the structure. For those who are feeling more adventurous, they have an elevator which will take you to the top of the bridge - 300 m above the water! Lastly, the famous naturally-occurring Naruto whirlpools can be seen from here as well (and nowhere else in Japan).

Official Akashi Bridge Website (English)