FabianB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: 3 Days New York

Greetings @FabianB! Might sound kinda crazy, getting NYC travel tips from northern Sweden, but here goes:

• TheHighLine is such an incredibly cool community initiative that it's definitely on my bucket lsit! Nope, not been there - yet - but don't dare missing it.
  • Chinatown blew my mind when visiting NYC for the first time (and second). Amazing food and great value for the money, at least way back when, and you've got plenty of opportunities for practicing your Chinese when reading the signs 🙂

Have fun in NYC and let me know how you liked it. If you ever come to Luleå in northern Sweden, shoot me a message!

Twitter: @niiloa
Blog: http://www.dvis.se
YouTube: http://youtube.com/niiloa, http://youtube.com/besmartonair
Level 1

Hi FabianB,

I know exactly what you are talking about. It is hard to find good recommendations without looking all over the place. I found this amazing travel plan for three days in New York. Hope you like it. 

Keep me posted

Level 3
Solution

Hey Fabian, I hope you enjoy your stay while you're in NYC!

Something I've done a few times with my family is take the Staten Island ferry (which is free) to a Staten Island Yankees game, where, if the weather is clear, you get a stunning view of the NYC skyline from the stands as you watch a baseball game. It's truly picturesque, and won't cost much. The ferry terminal is practically connected to the stadium, so at game's end, you simply take the ferry back (again, free) to Manhattan, and that's that.

Enjoy NYC plus America's famous pasttime - baseball. Get some beer, a hot dog, and enjoy the sounds and sights 🙂

Level 7

Hi Fabian,

Looks like you've received several great recommendations. I just thought I'd add since you mentioned outlet shopping: Woodbury Commons is definitely one of the bigger ones in the area, but note that it gets crazy crowded on the weekends so if you're driving, go early to nab a spot (or take a bus, there are a few options from Manhattan). There's also the Outlets at Bergen Town Center in Paramus, NJ which has quite a few large department store outlets. If you decide to go here, note that there's also the giant Paramus Park Mall nearby for non-outlet shopping. While you're in the city it might also be fun to see if there are any sample sales going on, you can nab some good deals at those as well. 

I think you've received lots of great food suggestions, but if you're a fan of Italian, I think Eataly should be on your list -- it's an Italian superstore with restaurants housed within, and they just opened another location downtown.

Have fun!

Level 8

If you have never been to the city before...try one of the hop on - hop off bus tours. It takes you to most of the major sites, The TMZ tour takes you to the celebrity stuff.  You probably want to go to the Empire State building to capture pics of the entire city, Go see the World Trade Center for Sure.  

@FabianB wrote:

Hi All

I am going to New York for 3 days soon and since this is my first visit I am wondering what are the must do's and what you would recommend to do in 3 days?

I know I can look-up everything on TripAdvisor, but I am more interested in the not so well-known attractions and places you would never find without asking a local.

cheers,

Fabian

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great to see you in New York again