AnkurJjw's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

2 weeks HONEYMOON Travel advice required for Europe

Hi All,

I am planning to visit Europe for my honey moon during the second week of June, I am certain that I want to visit Santorini, Greece, but apart from that i have absolutely no clue where I would want to go. I am sincerely looking for travel advice from my community members as I need to start planning for the trip. I will be traveling from Kathmandu or Delhi. I am interested in traveling to other countries apart from Greece, but at the same time dont want to spend a lot of time and money on traveling to far off countries (countries far away from Greece). Also looking for relaxed, off beat places rich in history or natural beauty. Any help or recommendations from you would be highly appreciated. Any specific locations, cities, road trips, any other details would really help me plan the trip.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankur

Europe
9 comments
Level 7

Re: 2 weeks HONEYMOON Travel advice required for Europe

Definitely spain ,mandrid its a must see place 

And jerusalem is amazing,u should see dead see,bethlehem,and jerusalem.I did not like the food but history and old buidlings the church where jesus was born and also the tomb where he was put after death is amazing.Amazing experience.

You shoud consider also antalya turkey ,i have been working as a tour guide there ,and  i will be working again i may help you while i will be there.Hotel are cheap,all incusive ,a lot of activities.

Since you are going to greece consider visiting creete,its amazing.

Level 10

From Greece you can easily reach Italy, and i suggest you to visit at least something in the south, like Puglia or Sicily. If you have never been in Italy, there's a whole country full of art (and food) that is waiting for you.

Level 7

Dear @klodianh

Thank you so much for the reply and the advice! 🙂

Will surely consider Turkey now, and will buzz you in case I am traveling to Turkey 🙂

Regards,

Ankur

@klodianh wrote:

Definitely spain ,mandrid its a must see place 

And jerusalem is amazing,u should see dead see,bethlehem,and jerusalem.I did not like the food but history and old buidlings the church where jesus was born and also the tomb where he was put after death is amazing.Amazing experience.

You shoud consider also antalya turkey ,i have been working as a tour guide there ,and  i will be working again i may help you while i will be there.Hotel are cheap,all incusive ,a lot of activities.

Since you are going to greece consider visiting creete,its amazing.

Level 7

Dear @LucioV

Thank you so much for the reply.

We are actually considering traveling to Italy, will surely keep the cities that you have suggested as an option. Do you know if there is a boat or ferry that goes from Greece to Sicily? 

Regards,

Ankur

@LucioV wrote:

From Greece you can easily reach Italy, and i suggest you to visit at least something in the south, like Puglia or Sicily. If you have never been in Italy, there's a whole country full of art (and food) that is waiting for you.

Level 10

Hi @AnkurJjw the best is to Bari (Puglia) from Patrasso. You can find some offers online, the navigation time is around 6 hrs!

Connect Moderator

Two weeks is a long time. I would suggest start your journey by landing in Madrid, Spain. Do Seville, Cordoba, Granada along with. Then fly to Venice, Italy. Do Florence and Rome along with before you fly to Santorini, Greece. And finally either you can take a ship cruise to Cesme, Turkey. Or fly to Istanbul directly. An exciting and beautiful journey you will have all together. Guaranteed. If you go to Istanbul directly, I would recommend not to miss take the hot air balloon tour in Cappadocia, Turkey. 

Level 5

Hello Ankur,

I would offer you my beautiful city, Budapest, the capital of Hungary. Budapest is the cultural hub of the country, and a favourite tourist destination as well. 🙂
It's a must see in middle-Europe, you can reach it by plane from Greece for example.

It's a relatively cheap city for tourists and foreigners so I bet it would fit in the honeymoon-budget.

Here are some references to you:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g274887-Budapest_Central_Hungary-Vacations.html

http://www.visitacity.com/en/budapest?gclid=Cj0KEQjwiI3HBRDv0q_qhqXZ-N4BEiQAOTiCHuD72egXhEN23ht-TQJc...

https://www.tripadvisor.co.hu/Attractions-g274887-Activities-Budapest_Central_Hungary.html

https://www.buzzfeed.com/anitabadejo/reasons-budapest-is-the-most-beautiful-city-in-europe?utm_term=...

Definitely worth to visit at least once 🙂

I wish you a pleasant journey.
Greetings,

Nora

@AnkurJ wrote:

Hi All,

I am planning to visit Europe for my honey moon during the second week of June, I am certain that I want to visit Santorini, Greece, but apart from that i have absolutely no clue where I would want to go. I am sincerely looking for travel advice from my community members as I need to start planning for the trip. I will be traveling from Kathmandu or Delhi. I am interested in traveling to other countries apart from Greece, but at the same time dont want to spend a lot of time and money on traveling to far off countries (countries far away from Greece). Also looking for relaxed, off beat places rich in history or natural beauty. Any help or recommendations from you would be highly appreciated. Any specific locations, cities, road trips, any other details would really help me plan the trip.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankur

Level 2

Thank you for the best recommendation 👏🏻👏🏻

Level 7

Dear @NóriS

Thank you for the detailed reply. Unfortunately we will not be able to visit Budapest this time but it is definately there on my bucket list, hope to see you there when i come to Budapest.