Ershlord's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

14 year old looking for tips

I just became a level 3 Local guide in Pittsburgh! Problem is I'm 14 so it's kinda hard to get around...  Any tips on how I could get more points without asking my parents if they could drive me places? 

9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: 14 year old looking for tips

Hi @Ershlord, as @NarenChandra, @Anonymous and @SoniaK noted, our program rules which states you must be at least 18 years of age to participate in the program. As you are under 18, please exit the program by visiting the Local Guides settings page.

You are welcome to enrol into the Local Guides program again after you turn 18. The great news is your contributions to Google Maps (as a non-Local Guide) will count towards your Local Guides status once you sign up in the future. 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Level 10

@Ershlord it's great that at the age of 14 you are passionate about being a local guide and help the community but you have crossed the rule,you cannot do the local guide before 18 ,so wait till you are 18 and then you can do the best .if you still continue doing this due to your under age Google will terminate your account.

Level 3

Oh I didn't know. Thanks for letting me know though. 

@NarenChandra wrote:

@Ershlord it's great that at the age of 14 you are passionate about being a local guide and help the community but you have crossed the rule,you cannot do the local guide before 18 ,so wait till you are 18 and then you can do the best .if you still continue doing this due to your under age Google will terminate your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ershlord Did you read those rules about program https://www.google.com/local/guides/rules/

In order to participate in the Program as a Local Guide, you must:

• have a valid Google account;
  • be at least 18 years of age; and
  • have signed up to participate in the Program here.
Level 10

@Ershlord great brother ,be patient till you are 18 and I know you are going to rock in near future.

Level 3

I guess I didn't. I guess I'll just quit the program for now. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ershlord Did you read those rules about program https://www.google.com/local/guides/rules/

In order to participate in the Program as a Local Guide, you must:

• have a valid Google account;
  • be at least 18 years of age; and
  • have signed up to participate in the Program here.

Level 7

You can enjoy the way to school and the places you go to photograph and capture the information you need for your contributions. Good luck buddy!

Ershlord escreveu:

I just became a level 3 Local guide in Pittsburgh! Problem is I'm 14 so it's kinda hard to get around...  Any tips on how I could get more points without asking my parents if they could drive me places? 

Connect Moderator

Dear @Ershlord, congratulations for showing up such passion for the Local Guide program. Kudos to you. You have done a great job. Just if you did read the rules beforehand it would be better. I would suggest, don't quit the program now. All your contributions will go in vain. Instead, wait for 4 more years before you reach 18 and start rocking the world again by great contributions. 🙂

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @Ershlord, as @NarenChandra, @Anonymous and @SoniaK noted, our program rules which states you must be at least 18 years of age to participate in the program. As you are under 18, please exit the program by visiting the Local Guides settings page.

You are welcome to enrol into the Local Guides program again after you turn 18. The great news is your contributions to Google Maps (as a non-Local Guide) will count towards your Local Guides status once you sign up in the future. 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 10

@JeslynL wrote:

That's the most important part, @Ershlord. So despite you are not a Local Guide, you can keep contributing to the map and your contributions will accumulate in the "background" so whenever you reach 18 and still interested in the program and decide to join again, you will suddenly become a LG Point millionaire! 🙂