SumuduH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

What is the MOST adventurous moment if your life ?

I think we all have great memories of being on an adventurous trip at some point in our lives. It might be skydiving, paragliding, parasailing, sea walking, parachuting, scuba diving, wild life, camping, trekking, hiking or any other moments that you call as an adventure. I think our lives would be more exciting with those memories and experiences. I would like to start with some of my adventurous experiences so far in my life.

Deep sea walking : Walking on the sea bed approximately 30feet below the water surface in Thailand. Corals, fish and other living beings under the sea was truly fascinating to see and walking next to them was even more rewarding. It was perfectly safe even it looks scary. We walked around 30 minutes as a group and it was one of my best experience in life

12294968_10153654938006276_1161032143_o.jpg

12316210_1012293528833809_3919526375673433801_n.jpg

I also did parasailing and jetski in the same place, but couldn't find the photos I took. I will update this post once I get them.

Share your such moments in life and let's fill each others' bucket lists 😉

Pattaya Beach Satun Thailand
5 comments
Level 10

Re: What is the MOST adventurous moment if your life ?

The last summer, i was back from Dolomites mountain, where i climbed a lot, with my daughter, on well known mountains.

A saturday of august, 27th, i was alone, at home, and i did'nt have so much work, so i picked my car, and headed to Gran Sasso, the highest mountain in central Italy.

We had some major earthquakes, as you could know, just few days before, so i was not so confident in climbing a mountain that time, but there are no rules for earthquakes...

So, i reached the start point at around 11.00 am, and was really late for climbing the summit, and i was not really sure i would do. Was the first time on this mountain for me.

No maps. No smartphone (really low data). No google maps, just something i read somewhere.

Schermata 2017-05-01 alle 23.03.54.png

Was not difficult at all, III° max, but was a real adventure; alone for all the time, without any reference on a totally new route, on an unknown, severe, mountain.

https://goo.gl/maps/Lwd21drsYS62

I was alone for all the time, until i reach summit.

https://goo.gl/maps/e7FG7xV8DkT2

Was a REAL adventure, on severe conditions, on a 2912 m mountain, and i had with me only some water and some chocolate.

Here is a short video of this adventure:

Level 10

@SumuduH Look at this post. I think you would also love this post.

Level 9

@LucioV Wow this is so interesting and adventurous. How steep was your route ? because by the look of it in your video, it's nearly vertical slope.

Glad you created a video to remember the memories.

Noted down the mountain for my bucket list 😉

Level 10

@SumuduH wrote:

@LucioV Wow this is so interesting and adventurous. How steep was your route ? because by the look of it in your video, it's nearly vertical slope.

Glad you created a video to remember the memories.

Noted down the mountain for my bucket list 😉

Not so hard, only few meters are almost vertical. This is due to the wide field of the GoPro lenses! Make everything steeper than reality!

But was and adventure anyway, due to the loneliness and the severity of the surroundings!

Definetely not the hardest route i climbed!

Thanks,

Lucio

Level 9

@AnuradhaP Wow what a story. This is some great motivation to risk your whole life hahaa