cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Vidoes Showing up on Desktop

Level 9

@AubreyB  Thanks for the post and now I do see the view count also. One interesting thing. In the post announcing video posts, they initially said the preferred video is to be shot in an upright mode, not landscape. Yet your video and another one outranks upright videos.  With 40,000 views seems like they have dropped that priority. I will have to try a couple shot both ways and see what they pick. 

Level 8

@davidcox That's because they are relying on free contributors and nobody shoots vertical videos. If you are adding a 3D tour video, it would look horrible vertically. Smart move.

Level 9

@AubreyB  I stated it wrong they are asking for vertical. I agree vertical looks horrible and cannot get decent DSL footage that way.  Here is a quoted from the post "The first thing to know is that you can use the camera in Google Maps to shoot videos up to 10 seconds long, and you can upload videos from your gallery that are up to30 seconds long. Either way, you’ll want to shoot vertically—the tall way."   The full post is here on the announcement.  But the fact that they rank horizontal better seems to me that it is a non-issue and may be misleading?  Your video seems to prove that.