ShravanJain's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Travel advice for kundadri hills

Kundadri Hill is a hill located in Shivamogga District of Karnataka State. It’s almost on Agumbe to Theerthahalli Highway. Since it’s embedded amongst the dense western ghats and at a height of about 2700 feet above sea level an extraordinary view is always guaranteed.

On the top of the hill, you will find a Jain Basthi which is built in the 17th century. According to the history, one sage called Kundakunda stayed here about 2000 years back. The Jain Basthi/Temple is a small shrine built with rocks. There are two small ponds which work as water supply source for the temple and the worshipers.
I have seen the old pictures of the Jain Basthi, they looked better without painting and tiles. We need to learn how to keep the old stuff looking like old. No need painted house-like structure. The original rock surface was better. But inside the temple, its all kept as it is.

I heard about this place a lot and seen some of the extraordinary pictures on the internet about this place. But by the time we reached here the time was about 10 AM and the morning bliss was not there. So if you are planning to visit here make sure to reach here by 6:30 AM. It would give you amazing light play visuals.

You have to travel here by your own transportation but be prepared to drive some serious curves and ups and downs. The road condition is very acceptable on my visit and I was able to drive my car right into the parking spot. There are some 20 to 30 steps further to take from there till you reach the top. As an alternative, you can also do a hike from the bottom of the hill. It would take about an hour to reach the top. I was told the auto-rickshaws (tuk-tuks) can drop you off at the bottom of the hill if interested in a hike. Rikshaws will not be able to take to the top because of the steepness involved.

There are no eatables available here, so have your rations packed. There is one shabby toilet in the parking area, I strongly recommend not venture intoKundadri Jain templeKundadri Jain temple

download.jpeg

Kundadri Hill, Karnataka
3 comments
Level 10

Re: Travel advice for kundadri hills

@ShravanJain Thanks for the information, it will help lots of visitors. 

Former Google Contributor

Hey @ShravanJain, great share! However, it looks like your post was lifted off other web sources. We appreciate if you could give credits where credits are due, and would love if you could share original content moving forward. If you need inspiration, take some from Share Your Photos and Discoveries and Travel and Advice 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 9

Hey @JeslynL thank you for the advice.

But the content is all mine which I was posted in other travel website instead of writing all those things again I thought of copy pasting it.

Cheers.