TheHungryYoungMan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

The Lonely Tuk Tuk by the sea

This photo was taken on my recent trip to Sri Lanka, on a working morning, when I was just completing my breakfast. Just then, the sky grew murky and clouds from the Arabian Sea rolled in no time. As I was enjoying the last few sips of my filter coffee and staring straight into the clouds and beyond the sea, a red Tuk Tuk pulled up and the driver got down. He crossed the rail tracks & went down towards the beach (don't know why though). This was my frame. I stopped time, imagined that the driver would have just stepped out, jumped into the ocean and swam straight (as the bird flies, one would hit the Somalian coast by swimming straight). All the Tuk Tuk had, were three young trees for company, violently shaking in the squall that had engulfed them, and the roaring ocean behind... 

What happened after that, is not in the frame and would leave it up to you all to imagine and comment... Also, a big hello!  to all the community members from me on my first post!! 🙂

The Lone Tuk TukThe Lone Tuk Tuk

The Hungry Young Man
Marine Drive, Colombo, Sri Lanka
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: The Lonely Tuk Tuk by the sea

Hello @TheHungryYoungMan,

Welcome to Local Guides Connect. This picture says a thousand words! Keep on reading for tips on getting started as a Local Guide :).

You can watch this video on getting started as a contributor. You’ll also be able to review the program’s rules and best practices here. Learn more about searching the community for opportunities to engage and find topics that interest you most.

I invite you to Connect and can’t wait to see what you’ll post next!

Level 7

A pretty interesting story... he might wanted to take a break, maybe that's why he went to the sea to relax or something... 

Level 7

@ArielleM_ thanks fir bringing back this post...somehow it got marked as spam and disappeared in the back end. Looking forward to sharing more such stories 🙂 

The Hungry Young Man