Kamalhasnainee's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Iftar Markets filled with Delicious Foods (Ramadan Times) !

Yum! Seeing this made me hungry! @Kamalhasnainee 

Level 9

Thanks @AkmalB!

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 9

These tasty foods will be ready for you again @DiAnaUS just come to our country !

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 9

@Kamalhasnainee that Pitha looks good. is it a sweet one?

Connect Moderator

Wow! Brilliant post @Kamalhasnainee. I am drooling already. After seeing such beautiful pictures of my favorite foods, I hope I can keep fasting till the end of the day. 😛

These are the pictures of all our traditional food available during Ramadan. It's the festive month here, especially in Old Dhaka. And it's a feast for eyes also. Haters might criticize about the hygiene and high calorie, but hey, who counts the calorie when you enjoy your food? 

If you are thinking of paying a visit to Bangladesh, please don't forget to include a visit to the old town to experience these authentic mouthwatering food. You will start drooling too. 🙂

Thank you @HelloSamsonR, for tagging me here. Or else I would have missed it. You got me. Any picture of tasty food makes me crazy. I am a foodie after all. This post should be featured, @TraciC. what do you think? 

I insist all my Muslim local guides friends from different countries to share their iftar photos as well (I am so dying to see my iftar plate this evening, right now). And if possible, share the recipe of your favorite food too. This might be a gift to the foodies like me. 😉 

Connect Moderator

@khammami wrote:

we have the same as this one you call it "Jilabi" but in Tunisia we call it "Zlabia" 😉

here how it looks: more info

image from internetimage from internet

@khammami, jilapi (Bengali) aka jelebi (India) aka zulbia (Middle East) aka Z'labia (Tunisia) aka Jilapir (Pakistan) aka Zilafi (Sylheti) aka Jeri (Nepal) aka Mushabakh (Ethiopia), they all are the same popular dessert as shown in the picture above (source: Wiki). This dessert is popular in mostly South Asia, West Asia, North Africa, East Africa and also in some part of Europe. Like @KarenVChin mentioned, she found this in a French-American bakery also. Nobody knows where is it originally from, but everybody claims this dessert as their very own food. Every country has their own version of recipe for this heavenly sweet. I had the best jelebi in my life in Udaipur, India. It was so crispy yet moist and flavorful that even by thinking of the sweet once again now is making my mouth water.  

Level 9

@IlankovanT it is mixed of rice, egg and slightly sugar. It is also tasty item and obviously my favorite one. Thanks for your question.

@IlankovanT wrote:

@Kamalhasnainee that Pitha looks good. is it a sweet one?

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 9

Thank you @SoniaK for the nice complementary from you !

@SoniaK wrote:

Wow! Brilliant post @Kamalhasnainee. I am drooling already. After seeing such beautiful pictures of my favorite foods, I hope I can keep fasting till the end of the day. 😛

These are the pictures of all our traditional food available during Ramadan. It's the festive month here, especially in Old Dhaka. And it's a feast for eyes also. Haters might criticize about the hygiene and high calorie, but hey, who counts the calorie when you enjoy your food? 

If you are thinking of paying a visit to Bangladesh, please don't forget to include a visit to the old town to experience these authentic mouthwatering food. You will start drooling too. 🙂

Thank you @HelloSamsonR, for tagging me here. Or else I would have missed it. You got me. Any picture of tasty food makes me crazy. I am a foodie after all. This post should be featured, @TraciC. what do you think? 

I insist all my Muslim local guides friends from different countries to share their iftar photos as well (I am so dying to see my iftar plate this evening, right now). And if possible, share the recipe of your favorite food too. This might be a gift to the foodies like me. 😉 

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 8

@SoniaK wrote:

@khammami wrote:

we have the same as this one you call it "Jilabi" but in Tunisia we call it "Zlabia" 😉

here how it looks: more info

@khammami, jilapi (Bengali) aka jelebi (India) aka zulbia (Middle East) aka Z'labia (Tunisia) aka Jilapir (Pakistan) aka Zilafi (Sylheti) aka Jeri (Nepal) aka Mushabakh (Ethiopia), they all are the same popular dessert as shown in the picture above (source: Wiki). This dessert is popular in mostly South Asia, West Asia, North Africa, East Africa and also in some part of Europe. Like @KarenVChin mentioned, she found this in a French-American bakery also. Nobody knows where is it originally from, but everybody claims this dessert as their very own food. Every country has their own version of recipe for this heavenly sweet. I had the best jelebi in my life in Udaipur, India. It was so crispy yet moist and flavorful that even by thinking of the sweet once again now is making my mouth water.  

it's good to know! thanks @SoniaK

Level 9

You may like this @khammami @169746 @EhsanD @ShafiulB @OSAMA

DSC_0206.JPG

Thanks.

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh