LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Food Photography

Great work I have never seen noodles like that before. 

Level 5

@SMJP,

Beautful looking food and great photos mate.

Cheers,

Zed star

Level 5

@SMJP,

The Vietnamese love their noodles .......and we love Vietnamese food.....very delicious and healthy choices.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 5

@LucioV,

This is a cafe my wife and I tried a few times just recently....just 5 minutes from our home in Solana Beach.It is called The Curious Fork.......everything is gluten free that they make and bake on the premises....cakes,cookies,ciabattas,English muffins and bread.Our meals tasted quite good and were very well presented.The lady who started the cafe about 4 years ago has had Celiac disease for many years....hence the absolute need for gluten free products.We had never really tried gluten free food of any type...I was a bit wary it might taste weird but surprisingly it tasted almost normal...the English muffins were much more dense than a non gluten free one but the taste was fine.We like to try different things from time to time.There are a lot of gluten intolerant people in the world these days so this purposeful cafe fills an important market niche...and everything we ordered tasted really really good. 

Cheers,

Zed star

The owner is curious about new food.The owner is curious about new food.This cafe is a bit different to the others out there.This cafe is a bit different to the others out there.My strong latte...made with fat free milk always.My strong latte...made with fat free milk always.Gluten free English muffin.Gluten free English muffin.Gluten free English muffin.Gluten free English muffin.Gluten free wrap.Gluten free wrap.Gluten free ciabatta.Gluten free ciabatta.  

Level 10
Level 5

@LucioV,

It is just a single location but Barbara the owner is adding gluten free beer and a gluten free buy over the counter bakery in the near future.Barbara took my wife and I on a guided tour of her fabulous prep kitchen out the back because she found out about my prominent local guides work.We were very honored and Barbara was very proud to show us.It is a good model which serves breakfast through to lunch....the most important meals in your day.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 8

Sounds interesting @StephenAbraham

Level 5

@LucioV,

Hi my friend,

I saw a Local Guides email that I couldn't access that I couldn't read because it was not translated..did you cancel your meet up because of your son's illness?.....I have no idea.I am very sad if that is the case because I know how hard you have worked for it to be the biggest success in the world.I am here for you my friend.My wife and I had dinner at a nice Vietnamese restaurant last night ...our meals were fairly good.....we are very familiar with Vietnamese food.Keep your chin up mate.  

Cheers,

Zed star.

View from the front entrance.View from the front entrance.Charbroiled Pork,Spicy Shrimp and Imperial Rolls.Charbroiled Pork,Spicy Shrimp and Imperial Rolls.Charbroiled Pork & Rice.Charbroiled Pork & Rice.

Level 10

But he looks well fed. What does he eat?. They can cross borders that easily. Had I known I could have brought the baby elephant that I fell in love with in Thailand. I think they love pizza Ha Ha Ha  

Level 3

Ciao, Lucio! Taking photos of food at restaurants can be quite challenging!
Just a quick note / tip, as I saw your note about using cigarette smoke instead of "real food smoke": it shows.  🐵   Really, when looking at it on my editing screen there's a lot of difference to the color / texture / pattern.
Although it might not be important right now or to this client, I'd say that, when it DOES become important and relevant, you will be better off retouching such pictures with a smoke brush in Photoshop.

You will have complete control of color and you will also be able to design your own brush using as a base food that you can prepare and shoot at home or in your studio.

Alternatively, you always find a great "smoking plate" picture in an image bank, buy it (get a cheap one, many will be high quility) and then work from there.

I don't know a tutorial on the web specific to FOOD SMOKE, but you can probably work your way from a generic Photoshop smoke tutorial.

PS - Italian pasta.... I do miss that!!!   🐵

All my best,

Carlos I. hailing from Rio de Janeiro