cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Food Photography

Spoiler
@YK1001  I completely agree

"Being able to capture a moment  and share with those cannot join the occasion, every photo can deliver a message."

Biryani from my city Hyderabad is quite famous

IMG_20170324_215442.jpg

Level 9

@LucioV 

IMG_20170114_134601.jpg

Mixed platter of Chicken Manchuria, veg Manchuria, Apollo fish, prawn Manchuria!

Level 9

Dahi poori ( yoghurt on top of lots of crisp snaks)Dahi poori ( yoghurt on top of lots of crisp snaks)

Level 9

Assortment of dessertsAssortment of desserts

Assortment of dessertsAssortment of desserts

Idli and dosa ( Indian breakfast)Idli and dosa ( Indian breakfast)

Traditional dishTraditional dish

Fish, chicken, prawn etc barbecue on tableFish, chicken, prawn etc barbecue on table

Level 5

@AslamMo,

I want some...now!

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 9

@Zeds india is not that far 🙂

Second best option is an Indian restaurant in your area. 

Level 5

@AslamMo,

For sure....we have dined at many Indian restaurants over the years back home in Australia,in New Zealand and of course here in California ...but not since San Francisco last year.It will happen again in the near future.We ticked off Vietnamese cuisine 2 days ago.Thanks for the appetizing photos mate.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 10

What is the origin of Manchuria series?

@aslamm wrote:

@LucioV 

IMG_20170114_134601.jpg

Mixed platter of Chicken Manchuria, veg Manchuria, Apollo fish, prawn Manchuria!

Is the origin Chinese or Indian?

Level 10

@aslamm wrote:

@Zeds india is not that far 🙂

Second best option is an Indian restaurant in your area. 

1. India is very far indeed. So far that Christopher Columbus got lost and landed somewhere over here.

2. We hardly find the authentic food due to some reasons beyond their control such as the availability of fresh original ingredients and the varying degrees of concentrations like cream. The other reasons is when one pioneering restaurateur introduces a dish with some changes to suit the pallets of the local market the followers have to adopt to the corrupt dish for the fear of losing the  local identity. This process over time establishes a dish that is completely different from original authentic one. Our local Butter Chicken dishes are a good example. Cost matters too. If one tries over here to cook a South Indian sambar with Drum Sticks the cost would double up. Irrespective of all the huddles some do a nice job of keeping the traditions such as. Finally there is a process that no one can control;the infusion. That is why we have Doubles (Roti hybrid) and  sushi Burritos (Intercultural marriage). Please keep posting nice pics. Looking at them is as good as eating and is very healthy (zero-calorie meals).    

Level 10

I tried Tasmanian Scallops

@Zeds wrote:

@LucioV,

Of course being an Australian I have to post some photos of the famous Aussie meat pies.......all Aussies love meat pies...and pasties.This is from our visit to the Yatala Pie Shop when we were on vacation back home in 2013.My Dad used to take us to this little (back then) pie shop ... when we were kids so I have fond memories.It is a huge tourist attraction these days and much larger than when it first started back in the 60's.We can buy something very similar in San Diego made by a South African place called Perky's.They taste as good as the Aussie pies.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Aussie national food.Aussie national food.Hard to beat for around  7 bucks.Hard to beat for around 7 bucks.The classic Aussie  pie dish.The classic Aussie pie dish.

Pie and Wichetty Grub in my last visit to Victoria. I loved them