Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Level 8

Re: FOOD LOVERS CLUB 🍟πŸ₯™πŸŒ­πŸ•πŸ₯πŸ³πŸ‘πŸπŸ’πŸ¦πŸ§πŸ©πŸŽ‚πŸ‰

@Badruddeen. When is Ramadan?

Level 8

Hi @VBenedict

Ramadan starts in 5 days time and lasts a month. 

Cheers

Level 8

Thank you @Badruddeen  how long do the observers fast for?  I understand they fast all day and only eat one meal at night?  Correct 

Level 8

Hi @VBenedict

You are welcome.

During Ramadan, observant Muslims fast from sunrise to sunset. Fasting is not only about abstaining from food and drink: Muslims must also refrain from smoking, taking oral medications and engaging in se*ual activities, as well as gossip, fighting and lying. While it sounds difficult to abstain from eating for up to 17 or 18 hours (depending on where in the world Ramadan is celebrated), after a couple of days it becomes the norm, and it is a reminder that a person is not just a physical body but a soul as well.

When you break the fast after sunrise you have a heavy meal and after 2 to 3 hrs you take refreshments and short eats and another heavy meal before sunrise. (Some people do not take a heavy meal even when they break their fast or when they eat just before sunrise.

Best regards

Level 8

Hi @VBenedict @OSAMA @Moadh_AYARI @Victoria_v @ThanhLan

I think I am going to post lot of food during Ramadan. LOL

Cheers

Level 8

@Badruddeen   no oral medications?  

Level 8

Hi @VBenedict

Yes, If I have to take medications then I won't fast. When I get well I will fast. It's complicated. Some people do fast after medication or with the advice of their doctors etc.

Cheers 

Level 6

@Badruddeen, The idea looks amazing. Many photos will be shared during ramadan. 

Level 8

@Moadh_AYARI Thank you. When you called the composition of the dish, I understood. "Ratatouille" is clearer to me. But I'm interested in recipes for dishes from the Middle East. I got a recipe, it was also called Shakshuka. Consisted of eggs, tomatoes, onions and peppers. I thought it was the same dish. Now I understand what is Ojja.

Level 8

@Moadh_AYARI Thank you. Now I know when to go to Tunisia to try the best figs. ))