OSAMA's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Level 9

Re: FOOD LOVERS CLUB 🍟πŸ₯™πŸŒ­πŸ•πŸ₯πŸ³πŸ‘πŸπŸ’πŸ¦πŸ§πŸ©πŸŽ‚πŸ‰

very professional Nick @RashmiM , thanks for sharing the link :)))

Level 9

@SoniaK

Bhut Jolokia (also known as ghost pepper is the hottest). Good to know that you like gulab jamun. Probably if you get a chance to gorge on Bengali sweets please do not miss that. Please read more about the ghost pepperhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhut_jolokia

Connect Moderator

Hi @RashmiM, yes, I know bhut jolokia is the hottest, as per Guinness book of world records. I was actually referring to Badruddeen's picture of bhut jolokia (which is also known as bombai morich in my coyntry). But I am surprised to see you mentioned the word. Are you from Assam by any chance? 

Level 9

@SoniaK

My dad was in the Indian Air Force so i have travelled a lot. Have spent more than a decade in North Eastern part of India. Did my schooling from Assam and have a special connect with that place. Have numerous memories. 

Level 8

@SoniaK wrote:

Hi @RashmiM, yes, I know bhut jolokia is the hottest, as per Guinness book of world records. I was actually referring to Badruddeen's picture of bhut jolokia (which is also known as bombai morich in my coyntry). But I am surprised to see you mentioned the word. Are you from Assam by any chance? 

Hi Sonia the chili on my photo is also called Scotch bonnet πŸ™‚

It was used to make short eats. I didn't eat as it is after breakfast. πŸ™‚

Cheers

Connect Moderator

Wonderful! I have a very strong connection with Assam as well. My mother was from Assam. And that's how I learned the language and it's culture a little. Nice to know about you @RashmiM

Level 9

@SoniaK

Same here. It gives me an immense satisfaction when some from that part of the world gets connected. No one can match the simplicity and humbleness of the people out there and no place can beat the beautiful landscapes.

Connect Moderator

Can't agree more @RashmiM

No one can beat the simplicity and the uniqueness of Assam. I visited the state only once and I left a part of my heart back there. The people, their culture, the landscape, everything seemed so down to earth that I felt I knew them all my life. Not sure if it was because of my connection to the land or there was something more than that. 

Connect Moderator

@Badruddeen wrote:

@SoniaK wrote:

Hi Sonia the chili on my photo is also called Scotch bonnet πŸ™‚

It was used to make short eats. I didn't eat as it is after breakfast. πŸ™‚

Cheers

So it's not bhut jolokia, @Badruddeen. πŸ™‚

Level 9

@SoniaK

I recommend all the human species to visit North East India once in their lifetime.

Dear All,

If you are keen to explore the untouched beauty please do visit the seven sisters (The states are Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram,Nagaland, Tripura & Sikkim) Please read more on it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_India