OSAMA's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Level 6

Re: FOOD LOVERS CLUB 🍟πŸ₯™πŸŒ­πŸ•πŸ₯πŸ³πŸ‘πŸπŸ’πŸ¦πŸ§πŸ©πŸŽ‚πŸ‰

Thailand sweetsThailand sweets

Is anyone here from thailand,  i just found this sweet dishes named "khanom bueang" made from rice flour and added with coconut also with other stuff (sorry can't describe much).  I love this food πŸ‘

Level 10

Looks good @Rima_risdi! I'd love to try one of those. Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚ 

Rima_risdi ha escrito:

Thailand sweetsThailand sweets

Is anyone here from thailand,  i just found this sweet dishes named "khanom bueang" made from rice flour and added with coconut also with other stuff (sorry can't describe much).  I love this food πŸ‘

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 10

FresasFresas

Un Saludo Cordial de Miguel Ángel.
Level 8

Re: ❀️ πŸ’› πŸ’š πŸ’™ πŸ’œ FOOD LOVERS CLUB 🍟πŸ₯™πŸŒ­πŸ•πŸ₯πŸ³πŸ‘πŸπŸ’πŸ¦πŸ§πŸ©πŸŽ‚πŸ‰β€οΈ πŸ’› πŸ’š πŸ’™ πŸ’œ

Looks delicious, happy Sunday to @AgoesSantosa @OSAMA @Miguelfqmg @Rima_risdi @ValeriaA_!

Off for adventures in food land now, LOL. Hello to Awesome Moderator @ErmesT living in the land of gods. Thankful for you.

Fruit explosion on the floor?Fruit explosion on the floor?Calorie free !Calorie free !Coffee could be a food group?Coffee could be a food group?

@AgoesSantosa wrote:

@kebbby@OSAMA@AkmalB

This noodle is very yummy...

Make me want to eat.

You serve it soarately. It's good.

@kebbby wrote:

OMG I am excited to share my photos from Manila, Philippines! 

Recently --- I just discovered that Hainanese Chicken which is always paired with rice can also go perfectly with ramen noodles and a light soup. There's a restaurant called "Wangfu" that serves this yummy and comforting bowl:

IMG_2369.jpgIMG_2247.jpg

Thanks for sharing

@AgoesSantosa wrote:

@kebbby@OSAMA@AkmalB

Make me want to eat.

@kebbby wrote:

Recently --- I just discovered that Hainanese Chicken which is always paired with rice can also go perfectly with ramen noodles and a light soup. There's a restaurant called "Wangfu" that serves this yummy and comforting bowl:

IMG_2369.jpgIMG_2247.jpg

Thanks for sharing

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/cmxpv89733/board/message?board.id=LGDiscussion&message.id=142358#M142358
Level 8

Re: ❀️ πŸ’› πŸ’š πŸ’™ πŸ’œ FOOD LOVERS CLUB 🍟πŸ₯™πŸŒ­πŸ•πŸ₯πŸ³πŸ‘πŸπŸ’πŸ¦πŸ§πŸ©πŸŽ‚πŸ‰β€οΈ πŸ’› πŸ’š πŸ’™ πŸ’œ

@IndiaC

Thank you for sharing, you always have the best news.

Best fruits and coffee I take its.

Level 8

@Miguelfqmg

Strawberry, yummy and watering mouth. Very fresh and healthy.

Thank for sharing.

Maybe @OSAMA@Rima_risdiand @AkmalB Will join the strawberry

Level 8

@ErmesT

Thank you for the info about Polenta. And your region is producing its.

@ErmesT wrote:

Wait wait @IndiaC, @ValeriaA_

You are talking about polenta, wow πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Do you know that polenta is a typical product of my region? In Veneto, the Venetian region, you can find it everywhere, we are also called Polentoni, that means "polenta's eaters".

Wich one do you like? White or yellow?

Thank @IndiaC For share with us.

Level 8

@IndiaC  I love polenta as well.  I make it with a sofrito of meat meat filling.   Yum.

Love your images.

@IndiaC wrote:

Do you? Thought you have lots @OSAMA. It's raining in Southern California @ValeriaA_ @VBenedict @AkmalB @AgoesSantosa and I have made polenta. Good weekend everyone (food or no food). Hello to awesome moderator @ErmesT living in the land of gods.The Homestead Museum (not food)The Homestead Museum (not food)Cucumber roll @The CellarCucumber roll @The Cellar

@ValeriaA_ wrote:

Hahaha @OSAMA don't make me feel sad 😞 I just want the best for everyone here

OSAMA ha escrito:

@ValeriaA_ πŸ€€Screenshot_20180221-150147.jpg

@ValeriaA_ wrote:

That's a good idea @GeorgesHR! Everyone loves to take part in this post but sometimes it's difficult to catch up with it as it has 446 pages haha. Anyway I feel honored to have written in the longest post of connect πŸ™‚

Level 10

Thanks for sharing these photos @IndiaC! Food explosion looks really good to me πŸ™‚

IndiaC ha escrito:

Looks delicious, happy Sunday to @AgoesSantosa @OSAMA @Miguelfqmg @Rima_risdi @ValeriaA_!

Off for adventures in food land now, LOL. Hello to Awesome Moderator @ErmesT living in the land of gods. Thankful for you.

Fruit explosion on the floor?Fruit explosion on the floor?Calorie free !Calorie free !Coffee could be a food group?Coffee could be a food group?

@AgoesSantosa wrote:

@kebbby@OSAMA@AkmalB

Make me want to eat.

@kebbby wrote:

IMG_2369.jpgIMG_2247.jpg

Thanks for sharing

@AgoesSantosa wrote:

@kebbby@OSAMA@AkmalB

Make me want to eat.

@kebbby wrote:

IMG_2369.jpgIMG_2247.jpg

Thanks for sharing

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 8

Re:❀️ πŸ’› πŸ’š πŸ’™ πŸ’œFOOD LOVERS CLUB 🍟πŸ₯™πŸŒ­πŸ•πŸ₯πŸ³πŸ‘🍝🍒🍦🍧🍩❀️ πŸ’› πŸ’š πŸ’™ πŸ’œ

Wow @ErmesT excellent description of polenta and detailed. Bravo. They serve the yellow polenta with gruyere cheese at our local fine dining establishment and it can be made without the cheese too. Who knew polenta eaters where called Polentoni "funny." Grateful for you and thanks to @ValeriaA_ and @OSAMA for the comments.

This is my evening on the river (there is food) yet it's not pictured now---just use your imagination.

What is the deal about Polenta:

Polenta's name was originally derived from puls, or pulmentum which where the center of the Roman diet. In the beginning, polenta was made from grain usually millet or spelt, a primitive form of wheat, or cece bean (a.k.a. garbanzo bean, chick pea) flour. Polenta was not made from corn until hundreds of years later; corn itself was brought or used in Europe until 1650.

Pulemntum was the staple cuisine of Roman soldiers--field ration consisted of two pounds of grain. The soldiers would toast the grain on a hot stone oven fire, crush it, and store it in their haversacks. When they stopped and constructed a bivouac, the soldiers would grind the grain to a gruel-like consistency, and boil thus making porridge. The soldiers would consume it in this form, or allow it to harden into a semi-leavened cake.

Though a consistent diet of this sounds rather bland to us, it was victual served to nourish the presumably ravenous appetites belonging to the conquerors of the ancient world.  Thanks @ErmesT for the inspiration for looking further into polenta. Hi to @AgoesSantosa and @VBenedictGrilled Salmon with DillGrilled Salmon with Dill

@ErmesT wrote:

HaHa @ValeriaA_, so welcome in the "polentoni" family

Apart of the color, that means two different type of corn, the most important difference is in the grinds. The white Polenta (very rare, used only in Venice, Treviso and part of Padua province) is milled with very fine grinding. It means that white polenta is like a cream, very soft. It is used in two way: Just cooked, is a soft cream that we can use instead of bred. When is cooled down, becoming solid, we cut it in slice (1 to 1.5 cm of thickness) then we cook it in a hot-plate, until it makes an external crust.
Polenta was, in my area, the food of the poorest people, used instead of bread. Now is used everywhere, because is very healty, gluten free and with half calories of the same quantity of bread.

Enjoy your polenta, I love it with cheese, or with fresh salami, or with ... with everything

Ermes

River trail to health (food not shown)River trail to health (food not shown)

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/cmxpv89733/board/message?board.id=LGDiscussion&message.id=142358#M142358