DrShaunak's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

360 degree inside view of Hospital 🏥

Worried about your surgery or are you going to be nervous for your scheduled hospitalization? It is totally normal to feel anxious before a surgery. But Google maps can help you. Yes, you heard it right. This is what I was telling to my doctor colleagues in a recent seminar and others supported my view. By using Google maps people can virtually experience in hospital which may reduce their anxiety in emergency. Here is a 360 degree video of an operating room. You can virtually experience what is happening inside. 

A few hospitals in our city already opted for professional Google street view inside imagery and they published it into Google maps. Apart from their business benefit I believe it  helps patients as well.   Here are some examples.

@Yohanad  @StephanieC      Yesterday I saw some beautiful 360 photos of different locations in this forum.  Having 360 degree inside view of space station and business listings such as hotels, restaurants are nice.  Now 360 views are available in Hospitals as well. To inform this news to others I am tagging you in this post. 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
6 comments
Level 9

Re: 360 degree inside view of Operating theater

Another multifloor 360 degree view of a hospital in Calcutta. 

[Note:  As per privacy policy of Google "Photos and videos from other private locations should not be published without the owner’s consent."  So for photography of private locations such as Hospitals/emergency rooms I request photographers to take proper consent from owner before photography/ and blur any identifiable image.]   

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Connect Moderator

This is awesome @DrShaunak 

Moved to Photography as requested.

Regards Paul

Level 10

Re: 360 degree inside view of Hospital 🏥

@DrShaunak This is really educative and informative. I think it's time wie can also have a board for Travel and Health Tips. This is board will not be meant to provide professional health care services but just to give out helpful health tips such as this. We can have doctors like you as well moderating the boards and providing valuable health tips. I think I will make this Feedback to the Local Guides Connect Team as well. Thank you @DrShaunak for sharing this information with us 👏

I did made a feedback as well:https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Feedback-To-Have-Travel-amp-Heal...

Level 9

Re: 360 degree inside view of Hospital 🏥

@HelloSamsonR Thank you so much for your reply.  I just read your views in suggestion group. I also support for the same. 

@PaulPavlinovich Thank you for moving my post from private forum to pubic. Looking forward to meeting you soon at #LGSummit17 

Level 9

@PaulPavlinovich @HelloSamsonR Please have a look into this news blog of Stanford. This is what I said during my Local guides video series, 

Update: Suddenly I found this link today and see the given link is not working so I corrected) 

Level 10

Wow, great article @DrShaunak Thanks for sharing it with us.