ProfArunCM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

what is the best time for photography

What is the best time for Photography: according to light?

14 comments
Level 9

Re: what is the best time for photography

@ProfArunCM it's a good question. I would say Morning is the best time. anyway, depending on the object and place you have to use flashlights and other equipment.

I always prefer to go before the sunlight with blue sky.

Level 10

Thanks

@IlankovanT

Level 10

Level 7

ProfArunCM,

...any time is a good time to take outdoor images. It all depends what are you taking pictures of....but usually we photographers claim the "Golden Hour" (1 hour after sunrise and 1 hour before sunset) to be the best time for taking landscape images. This is because the light is of low intensity and you get wonderful tones and highlights in your images esp of the skyline. So is the light when you have a cloudy sky....the natural light is mild and good for taking pix.

Another is just after a shower as soon as the sun comes out....the sky has a washed look and you get amazing tones of the blue sky even if its mid-day noon.

Level 7

Hardly there could be a unique answer to such a question still https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_hour_(photography)

Many will remember the "2 hours after sunrise and 2 hours before sunset" as written in any photographic film leaflet from the analog times.

Saluti,

Giulio

Level 7

Perfect time for photography depends of many things. Obviously we should think only out door photography. In landscape photography time before and after sunrise and sunset is called golden hour. In most of areas it's almost an hour, maybe less, but here 150 km above Polar Circle situation is totally different. On winter and summer time we have at least 4 hour golden hour. On winter it's on the middle of day and on summer on middle of night. If you shoot something else than landscapes, you can practically shoot here all day long. Light is most of the year horizontal all the time. On summer there is some days, when light is too straight and strong, but normally you can shoot people and animals as long as there is light. 

If you don't live at north, you should shoot on golden hour and cloudy days. 

Here is midday photo on last December. 
20161206-_DSC6258.jpg

Markus Kiili
Level 8

@MarkusKiili

Amazing!

Cheers

Badr'

Level 7

Depends on the subject.

Every photo has it's best light, it's up to you to catch it.

If we speak motionless objects, always the golden hour.

Could this photo been taken during the golden hour?

Before the golden hourBefore the golden hour

@LucioV the Golden hour is the best, that's why they named it the golden hour.

It's GoldenIt's Golden

Have you ever heard anybody mention the silver hour?

There is no such thing.

As the golden hour is an hour in the north and south part of the world, it might just be a few minutes if you live close to the equator.

Here it's about 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes in the afternoon.

By default my camera jump out of it's bag during this time, I don't have to ask it twice anymore.

Level 10

@PatricL wrote:

By default my camera jump out of it's bag during this time, I don't have to ask it twice anymore.

Ahahah i can imagine 😄