Markohab's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Streetview App intervall instead video Theta V

The old Samsung 360 has intervall shots in streetview app. 
Makes sense!

The Theta V has no intervall shots in the streetview app and has video instead.
The data amounts with video are mad as i tack routes ~5+km at a time so the usability is pretty awful.

So maybe someone knows why there is no intervall option and/or is there any way to enable it?

Estonia
1 comment
Level 10

Re: Streetview App intervall instead video Theta V

Dear @Markohab

I have the same hope as you. I would like to shoot using the interval mode from StreetView application with THETA V.
However, at present, that function is not provided, so I will use the THETA application to do interval shooting.
In the THETA application, I can also decide the interval time, so even if interval shooting becomes possible with the StreetView application it will be impossible to set finely as much as the THETA application.

For the moment, I recommend you to use the THETA application to take interval shots.
However, when you import that picture into the StreetView application, you need to pay close attention.
The import function often causes dubbing and missing of photos.
Here is an article that summarizes the trouble. It is written in Japanese.

In rare cases, I have taken interval shooting even though I connected THETA V to the StreetView application.
It seems to be when the StreetView application misunderstood that THETA S is connected. Sometimes I have studied whether there is any way to make this mistake intentionally, but it seems impossible.

Since interval shooting has the drawback that it is impossible to control both my shooting timing and my standing position together, I favor single shooting.

Even single shooting can make street view blue line.
All the photos in this island were taken in the single shooting mode.

2018.08.04小手島.png

-  - 

I will put one example that could not be made blue line even in THETA S interval mode.

- -

I will restore the story.
I would like to shoot using the interval mode from StreetView application with THETA V.
Let me tag @Vasko8.

Best Regards