Csaba's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

SV Privacy Policy

Yesterday I was shooting in a Serbian Orthodox Church. Forgot to switch automatic face recognition (and blurring) off. The result: the faces of Jesus Christ, Saint John the Baptist and another, minor saint (whom I cannot recognise) got blurred. 🙂 

SV Privacy Policy overdoneSV Privacy Policy overdone

I guess this is not what Google actually meant by this tool. 🙂

6 comments
Level 8

Re: SV Privacy Policy

@Csaba

This is not a good thing.

Level 10

@UmaShankarB wrote:

@Csaba

This is not a good thing.

Well, @Umashankar, I have switched the three 360 photos involved (Saint Nicholas aka "Santa Claus" was also blurred). I am on mobile now but later I'll post about the place and by then, hopefully the pics will be changed on maps.

Level 10

Sometimes, with the old panotool, i got some faces recognized in the wall textures, in some dishes, everywhere! Sometimes was really creepy!!! 🙂

Level 7

CsabaP,
The face recognition system in the app is pretty solid. sometimes even the reflections get blurred.
Level 10

Oh yes, I know. This was rather just sharing a funny experience (that I could correct by uploading the blur-less version)

Level 2

@CsabaHa ha, you make my day!

@Gaieus wrote:

Yesterday I was shooting in a Serbian Orthodox Church. Forgot to switch automatic face recognition (and blurring) off. The result: the faces of Jesus Christ, Saint John the Baptist and another, minor saint (whom I cannot recognise) got blurred. 🙂 

SV Privacy Policy overdoneSV Privacy Policy overdone

I guess this is not what Google actually meant by this tool. 🙂