LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: DOWNLOAD IMAGES IN GOOGLE MAPS

Hi all, the real issue is that, for almost every uploaded photosphere, from every user, you can download it....

Some agencies are stealing our work from Google Maps....

7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

As your post was about a different issue I have moved it to a new thread.

It is unfortunate that you have such experiences.  Unfortunately there is not much Google can do to stop outright theft; the way web content is viewed is to download a copy to your computer, so it is possible to keep a copy of anything viewable.  I'm afraid that you would need to pursue this via DCMA take downs for US hosted content or the available legal pathways for other areas.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

As your post was about a different issue I have moved it to a new thread.

It is unfortunate that you have such experiences.  Unfortunately there is not much Google can do to stop outright theft; the way web content is viewed is to download a copy to your computer, so it is possible to keep a copy of anything viewable.  I'm afraid that you would need to pursue this via DCMA take downs for US hosted content or the available legal pathways for other areas.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 10

Connect Moderator

The OP asking how to download his own photos and your issue with other agencies stealing your photos are most definitely different issues.  Please try to keep your posts on topic with the original post; you are more than welcome to start a new thread when you wish to talk about a different issue.

Level 10

Ok, yes, @Flash, thanks 🙂

Thanks again for answering my answer 🙂

I will give you a best answer for this.

Connect Moderator

Thank you for your understanding.  The idea is not to prevent your issue from being discussed, but rather to ensure the both topics get the full discussion the deserve.  Refocusing a thead often will result in one or both issues not getting the full attention they deserve.

Level 5

@LucioV I can see nobody discussed about this’s issue, so moderator just made great job her

6F264296-FD98-44AA-9796-B551D2DB62BC.png

Level 8

@LucioV  thats been a problem since "forever" its just getting updated with different technologies 🙂     

On the upside you can click copyright infringement and show google the original content these days for the content to be taken down,  so its most useful for the stealing agency on their custom website/tour as compared to on Google StreetView where it can be taken down again.

Im probably a rude SOB.  but if a business had a agency steal my image to post it for them.  I would DEFINITELY be leaving a review mentioning that the business have questionable values in choosing to steal my photography. and would encourage my local friends to do the same.  *it have not happened to me lately but sure it will again eventually.

Bo