RicardoHipólito's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Photos

Hi!!
What kind of photos get more views, outside the location, Inside the location or the products of the store (restaurant, etc...)?
What do you think?
Thank you for your answers.

3 comments
Level 9

Re: Photos

@RicardoHipólito  There is no blanket answer. It depends on location type and what other photos are posted and a number of other variables. Resturants lots of times seating and atmosphere type of shots are good. For takeout places the cash register area that shows menu can do well.  I am fairly certain there are different photos for different locations to rank.  For big box stores lots of times the outside is often picked up. For a detailed place to start a contributor SveinR from Southern California has kept track and done a post that covers a lot of information on your question.  Some traffic vary by location as people post traffic information the population in the area has a big influence also. 

If you are trying to move up in points doing a lot of inside pictures is slower and more work to get points count. 

Level 8

I gave up trying to figure this out. Some of the pictures I would say were my best, shot with a DSLR, properly exposed, interesting subjects... seem to get low counts - and - a couple of my photos, that I almost never posted, shot with my cell phone, not very interesting... have extremely high counts. That said...
-
Usually photos that have bright colors, have interesting subjects, anything that stands out from other photos and catches a persons eye, may cause them to click on the photo to see more,

Level 9

@JoeCullity  There are more variables than you can figure out. I posted a distant photo of a barn that is at a fairgrounds. It was not great and too far away. It all of a sudden went to 88,000 views and one of my top photos.  This last weekend was the weekend of the seasonal fair and they get 175, 000 visitors. It will be another year till it gets traffic again. Other shots of the seating in a summer fish place take off because it ranked in the first position. I think it is a combination of what people are searching for, the particular locations population, subject and what people are searching for. I am amazed at some restaurants search volume vs another one.  It seems like if you try and tell the story about the place with basic good cell phone camera or better with enough shots and going back to look at views you get a picture of what may work.  I have NEVER been able to predict ahead of time what will be a winner, so volume counts.  

So from what I have seen color does not count. It is where the photo ranks in the list of other photos that are controlled by the algorithm that ranks the pictures. It is viewed, not clicks. If the pictures are interesting the user may scroll down and see more pictures if they are interested. But when you hit top position in the pictures it does not matter how great the shot is it will get views. Some that I have taken are just fair but have high counts due to the type of listing and being at the top position.  That is my take, and I have some interest in figuring it out but always get surprised.