Breaky's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Photo abuse

I have tagged photos that are clearly the wrong location.

why are they not being removed?

Cotswold Country Park and Beach, Spratsgate Lane, Cirencester, United Kingdom
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Photo abuse

Edits to Google Maps that are "Pending" or "Not Applied" go through various automated systems as well as Base Map partnerships. Google algorithms analyze different factors, such as the information submitted, the location of the edit, your mapping activity, and other factors to make sure everything we are adding to the map is accurate and follows our guidelines. The edits are not necessarily instant.

The more information you (or other LG's) collect about a place gives your edit a better chance of getting through. Best of luck with any future suggestions you choose to make and for additional info, please check out this post here

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 10

Hey wait a moment,

I was just reading the question but this isn't about making any edits.

This is about photos. When you have a location and then you see that there are photos that are irrelevant to the POI, local guides would flag this as 'content is not relevant'. I don't know how long it would take for the Google Maps team to review the photo, but for 'irrelevancy' I have had photos stay there for months that are absolutely irrelevant. Although it may not be necessarily abuse (such as a notification to add photos for a place, and then simple local guides uploading everything they shot on that day), this really hinders Google Maps users who really want an accurate view of what the place looks like.

Considering Seven Hills Plaza, a nice little shopping centre, the cover photo is actually extremely irrelevant, it's a little girl at the front of her house. I have reported this for irrelevance and for privacy reasons and still the photos remains to this day. Google Maps should be reading some sort of location metadata upon the uploads of photos and see whether there is a mismatch in it's location, and review otherwise.

Level 5

Spoiler

Had same problem with the photos google satalite automatically took of the location i edited.

Tried my best to adjust by zooming but still  not working......what next?