Hossam_Nabil's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Mobile Photography

I love visiting ancient places and most times I go alone with just my mobile phone. I need some advices for mobile photography and the best edit applications you use, I use Snapseed now.

Cairo, Egypt
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Mobile Photography

@Hossam_Nabil

Scan the area for best possible frames

I pre-visualize and frame in my mind before pointing with my mobile cam

Allow a second for your mobile to understand what you are pointing at so the phone cam can focus, while I physically frame.

Then I start shooting away. Stills or Videos

I take several same and diverse versions of the original frame I previewed in my mind. 

I do not enjoy editing so I make best use of available light and perspective.

If and when I edit I use the native phone editor or Photoshop mobile.

Let me know if this helps... 🐘

...,...................>   

@LuisRG actually has published great blogs on photography. Highly recommend a read.

@OSAMA  @MiaMaria  @Osaka78  @AlejandraMaría  @Vvincent

@JustineOBrien @blondiefanNYC  @LostinNY

Any tips and tricks you would like to share?

@Hossam_Nabil wrote:

I love visiting ancient places and most times I go alone with just my mobile phone. I need some advices for mobile photography and the best edit applications you use, I use Snapseed now.

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

@Hossam_Nabil

Scan the area for best possible frames

I pre-visualize and frame in my mind before pointing with my mobile cam

Allow a second for your mobile to understand what you are pointing at so the phone cam can focus, while I physically frame.

Then I start shooting away. Stills or Videos

I take several same and diverse versions of the original frame I previewed in my mind. 

I do not enjoy editing so I make best use of available light and perspective.

If and when I edit I use the native phone editor or Photoshop mobile.

Let me know if this helps... 🐘

...,...................>   

@LuisRG actually has published great blogs on photography. Highly recommend a read.

@OSAMA  @MiaMaria  @Osaka78  @AlejandraMaría  @Vvincent

@JustineOBrien @blondiefanNYC  @LostinNY

Any tips and tricks you would like to share?

@Hossam_Nabil wrote:

Level 7

Thanks a lot that's really helpful 

Level 8

@Hossam_Nabil. You are very welcome.  I look forward to seeing your work.

Please note that very sunny days (from about 11 am - 3 pm) are not necessarily the best time to shoot. 

The device screen becomes a light reflector and it may be hard to see what you are framing depending where you are standing.

However, early dawns and dusks can offer amazing twilights especially when  photographing ancient architectures and and artifacts.

Level 7

• Landscape photography: If you are visiting some lush green , gardens, lakes, mountains, caves and any other natural beauty places, Generally you must take photo with landscape mode to cover wide range. And since mobiles also have manual and several setting options you can adjust brightness, ISO, zoom options to get desired snap. Using timelapse mode is a good idea to cover moving clouds, but you have to keep your mobile stationary by using tripod or stand.
  • Architectural photography : try to cover full building/ statue . If you can get Ariel view , click it. Increase Your ISO in dark place to get some light but this will increase noise too.
  • Street photography: you can cover various street activities. I do not recommend black and white filter as streets may seem better with different colors. Don't use HDR and flash . Increase your shutterspeed.