Skillrex's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

HELP

How to add 360° photos in google maps and how to take 360° photos?

4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: HELP

Hi @Skillrex welcome to Connect!

All you need to create and publish a 360 image is a compatible smartphone and the Google Street View App:

Download Street View App in your smartphone:

Start from this thread: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Photography/How-to-add-your-own-360-Street-View-on-Google-Maps...

You can upload a 360 photo using Google Maps desktop, just click "add a photo" under a location and select a 360 photo from your computer (should be at least 14 mpixel and in equirectangular format, 2x width 1x height) or using the Street View App on your smartphone.

I suggest to use the Street View App, that will allow you to create great 360 images too.

Please, read this tips to learn more:

1) Keep your phone free: close all running apps but Street View App
2) Put in Airplane mode or stop Data (to avoid incoming calls will stop your 360 acquisition!)
3) Move yourself AROUND the phone, and not the phone around you while taking single shots! This is to avoid stitching errors! Some tools could help you (Search in Connect keyword "tayrona")
4) Avoid to shot in crowdy places, otherwise you will have a lot of body parts and phantoms
5) Avoid to shot with near objects (chairs, tables, walls, etc.); it will affect your stitching due to parallax error

Have a look to this thread too: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Photography/How-to-shoot-360-degrees-photo-using-the-Street-Vi...

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Hi @Skillrex welcome to Connect!

All you need to create and publish a 360 image is a compatible smartphone and the Google Street View App:

Download Street View App in your smartphone:

Start from this thread: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Photography/How-to-add-your-own-360-Street-View-on-Google-Maps...

You can upload a 360 photo using Google Maps desktop, just click "add a photo" under a location and select a 360 photo from your computer (should be at least 14 mpixel and in equirectangular format, 2x width 1x height) or using the Street View App on your smartphone.

I suggest to use the Street View App, that will allow you to create great 360 images too.

Please, read this tips to learn more:

1) Keep your phone free: close all running apps but Street View App
2) Put in Airplane mode or stop Data (to avoid incoming calls will stop your 360 acquisition!)
3) Move yourself AROUND the phone, and not the phone around you while taking single shots! This is to avoid stitching errors! Some tools could help you (Search in Connect keyword "tayrona")
4) Avoid to shot in crowdy places, otherwise you will have a lot of body parts and phantoms
5) Avoid to shot with near objects (chairs, tables, walls, etc.); it will affect your stitching due to parallax error

Have a look to this thread too: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Photography/How-to-shoot-360-degrees-photo-using-the-Street-Vi...

Good luck!

Level 4

1. @Skillrexwrote:

How to add 360° photos in google maps and how to take 360° photos?

Level 10

@LucioV

Thank you for your nice answer.

LG Summit Attendee in 2016 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Regional Lead before 2017
Level 2

It is my wish that this note will come to the notice of our authorities, I would like to share my bitter experience with BSNL, one of the public sector giant of Indian subcontinent.

Like any loyal citizen, I also have been taking part in (at the possible extent in my level) contributing towards the national development by participating to the government projects and also subscribing to government owned services even though plenty of private company services are available with high standard level of services.

It was in 2016, I had stepped into the world of BSNL as a customer, by keeping aside all of its private sector competitors. And to be frank, I have been enjoying the telephone/Internet services without much complaints for the last 2 years. Even though I have to pay a monthly subscription charges of AED 799/-, I’ve been going through it with very much satisfaction of participating in the state owned services.

Here the story turns to a different episode.

I was under the impression that I could easily reconnect to the telephone/internet services which have been in interruption for more than a month. But my subsequent experiences proved that my impressions were absolutely wrong. I have decided to contact the main BSNL office, located near Muthuvattoor and have arranged the contact number as well. With very much hope, I tried to call the center with no luck. I continued my attempt but unfortunately, no one was available to attend the call from the potential customers: they might not be available or might not be caring about the complaints from the customers or might be fed-up with the customer complaints which they might not be able help with.

Anyway, I decided to continue my effort to sort out the issue. Now the turn was to approach the local BSNL center located at Edakkazhiyoor. After countless attempts, I have won to connect to our precious BSNL employee. After listening to me well, the employee stood helpless in sorting out the issue, hence explained the situation sincerely as how he would be explaining to a media reporter. According to him, it has become common that the cables are getting damaged and it has been happening for some time. The maintenance work has been outsourced and has been handling by a company called “V – GUARD” but they don’t have enough cables in their stock, nor additional cable technicians in the Trichur District. When I asked for a solution for the situation, she was like “doesn’t know”, hence humbly pleaded to me to bring the case to the attention of our authorities as the employees themselves even are not satisfied with the level of services provided by the outsourced company. By expressing my thanks to them, I have concluded the tele-conversation, with a feel of having the services reconnected!

My intention behind this post is to spread the issue to the attention of our people. I sincerely wish that any of my FB friends can be a cause to bring this matter to the kind attention of our authorities. It may in turn open the eyes of our authorities, so that they may request V- GUARD to sort out the issues in my area at least! Sincere wish of an expat!