VastView's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

First pano of google map tour

Hi

When tap on a pin with Vtour loaded on its album ,a little 360 image will be shown on the left bottom . how can  i assign the first pano of the tour ( master pano ) to this . one of images from the piddle of tour is loaded there .

thank you for spending your worthy time to reply me

5 comments
Level 8

Re: First pano of google map tour

Hey VastView.   

There is not really a way to designate a specific pano as the master pano..
PanoSkin have a kinda hack that goes some of the way,  im sure most other SV tour editors have a similar feature.

Here is how it works,   in uploading the spheres they seem to be stripping the geotagging from the exif data. they still upload the linking data,   the result is that google street view only really see ONE sphere for the listing, but the links still work, so you can click through the tour, but only see one "starting" sphere.   as I said, its kinda a bit of a hack, but it actually works.

Hope this helps.

Bo

Level 10

Hi @VastView there is no method to assign the master panorama to a POI (place of interest) manually. This is done by algorithm which is used in Google Maps. So, this all depends on the machine. But what we can do is capture a 360° panorama as perfect as possible to get selected as a master panorama, I mean that the stitching should be proper. Here are some tips:

• Don't move camera while taking panorama
  • Stand still and capture
  • Ensure that the panorama is captured from the center of POI such that all the 4 sides are visible
  • Don't capture while driving or moving
  • Blur the areas of people before uploading on Maps
  • Ensure that proper lightning is present etc.

Here are some tips to capture photos: 

1. https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Photography/How-to-take-great-photos-in-your-favorite-stores/t...
  2. https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Photography/How-to-take-great-food-photos-for-Eat-Like-a-Local...
Level 6

Thank you @FazeelUsmani , but i recently noticed that master panos have larger viewer number . Does it mean that this algorithm is set to choose the most viewed pano as master pano ?

Level 10

@VastView wrote:

Thank you @FazeelUsmani , but i recently noticed that master panos have larger viewer number . Does it mean that this algorithm is set to choose the most viewed pano as master pano ?

I guess this is the other way round, @VastView. I am not sure if simply displaying the thumbnail of a photo (master panorama or highlighted photo) already counts as a "view" but people will definitely click on these in order to see other photos. Now since these photos will inevitably get views while others won't (if the viewer does not go on viewing more images), they will also inevitably collect much more views. 

My most viewed photo (a flat photo by the way) used to be the highlight image of a relatively popular place in my home town. I added the place, added the first photo(s) and one was highlighted for quite long. This image is not better or worse than others but simply collected over 700,000 views this way.

Level 8

Some time, I find the main image/pano seems to randomly change without reason. Maybe Google just likes to keep things fresh by randomly changing the image.