LStefanoL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Wrong location, wrong details, uncorrectable.

Unable to correct location https://goo.gl/HkJ0Z9 [EDIT: THIS POI SHOULD NOW BE DELETED INSTEAD]
Edit "not applied" or automatically denied on MapMaker.
What can i do?

9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Wrong location, wrong details, uncorrectable.

@MohammedT wrote:

What are all the details you need to edit

You can see everything in the link to the automatically denied mapmaker edit but wait!

Since i've added a separate (and correct) POI, the one above should simply be deleted in order to avoid misleading people.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hello,

If all the features and the location are incorrect, then these are not in fact the same features.  Please create a new POI at the correct location.

For the existing POI, please mark it for deletion with the reason that it does not exist, but only if you are absolutely sure that there is no such feature now nor in the past.

For future reference, minor corrections to data can be made and the location marker can be moved if it is incorrectly positioned, but if the address is incorrect then you should never change the address on a feature.  It is OK to make a minor correction, but changes to addresses mean a feature either needs to be marked as "Closed", "Does Not Exist" or "Moved".

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

MOHAMMED THARIK K
Level 8

@GreggG wrote:

If all the features and the location are incorrect, then these are not in fact the same features.  Please create a new POI at the correct location.

Then how do i delete this seemingly invulnerable and misleading POI so that tourist don't get lost? Simply report as duplicate?

Level 8
Solution

@MohammedT wrote:

You can see everything in the link to the automatically denied mapmaker edit but wait!

Since i've added a separate (and correct) POI, the one above should simply be deleted in order to avoid misleading people.

Level 3

Sometimes you have to wait 24 hours in order to complete your edit 

Connect Moderator

@StefanoL wrote:

@GreggG wrote:

Then how do i delete this seemingly invulnerable and misleading POI so that tourist don't get lost? Simply report as duplicate?

As stated, if the address was incorrect then this is not the same feature.  You would only report a duplicate if it was the same feature mapped twice.  If you are absolutely sure no such place exists then mark it to be deleted with the option for "Does not exist".

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 8

@GreggG wrote:

If you are absolutely sure no such place exists then mark it to be deleted with the option for "Does not exist".

It goes directly to "not applied". Same using mapmaker.

The problem is that it is practically invulnerable to all edits and deletion attempts so we're stuck in this situation.

Connect Moderator

Please then use "Report This" in Map Maker or "Other Feedback" in Maps to explain that everything about this feature was incorrect so you added a new one at https://xxxxxxx (making the link go to the new feature).

Level 8

Somehow finally my deletion got through.