GuideSpree's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Which category should I put street food under, for now?

There are posts requesting a new category for street food, but what is the temporary solution?

Someone has categorized this one as a dessert shop, although that doesn't qualify.

Deena Chaat Bhandar, Ramapura Luxa, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Which category should I put street food under, for now?

Hi @GuideSpree unless the Street Food vendor is running a permanent business in one location in a shop that people can visit during particular business hours they should not be added to Maps. Maps does not at this time handle transient businesses.

Regards Paul

Level 7

This one is close to historical, @PaulPavlinovich. So it's definitely permanent.

You'll find that to be a thing in India ... historical street food / snack shops.

Do you have a suggestion?

Connect Moderator

Permanent is good, but is it in a real shop that people can visit or is it actually on the street @GuideSpree?

At last year's event we discussed Food Trucks, Hawker Markets and Street Food but there wasn't any resolution then and hasn't been since.

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

@GuideSpree wrote:

There are posts requesting a new category for street food, but what is the temporary solution?

When certain features are not accepted on the map, attempting to find a way around it is not appropriate.  The solution would be not to map the feature.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

This is an obvious disparity between our countries, @PaulPavlinovich @Flash.

As you can see in the picture below, this is a permanent establishment and would qualify as a restaurant (take-out style). Only the cuisine they serve is local street food.

Screenshot (69).png

Now would you agree to the fact that this place deserves to have a more appropriate category than "Dessert Shop" on Maps?

Indians, help me out!

Connect Moderator

Thank you for that additional information.

A description of "street food" denotes that it is food cooked on the street, not in an establishment.

If you are trying to figure out the category for a permanent restaurant then focus on the style of cooking. If this is Indian food, then use Indian Restaurant.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

Yeah, I should have mentioned the details earlier.

I have tried the Restaurant category ... seems the closest category, but I end up with questions like is high back seating, valet service, alcohol etc available!

Thanks for the help, though 🙂

Level 9

Hello @GuideSpree run a fast food centre like noodle's, fried rice, Tiffin's, drinking like all types of coffees and teas..And run with North and south variety's of fast foods etc..,choose the right place with crowd...