turbotapeworm's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Unable to add a business to Maps since late 2017 - need assistance

Hi,

Last year a new bar opened in my local area, as I do with such things I tried to add it to Maps so that important information about the venture would be available to people.

At that time there was an algorithm issue that was causing entries to be rejected but since this was was resolved I am still unable to add this business, even when stood inside it with the owner. 

I'm getting the old "Not Applied" for some reason. 

The business in question is here:

https://goo.gl/maps/pqZzMgZ6day

The imaging was taken while it was being renovated, however you can see from the attached image this is now complete and it's been open since December 2017.

The business is called "Tipsy Cow" - their Facebook page clearly shows their details and their location:

https://www.facebook.com/TipsyCowLeeds/

I don't care about the points for adding the place, I just want to see it listed and to be able to add some 360 images I've taken for them - however no matter what I try it just won't add. I've tried adding full details, images etc, minimal detail, a location slightly to the side, exact location... no joy. Even asking others to try seems to have no effect.

Can anyone offer some insight into why this is happening and more importantly how to resolve it? I don't need generic "how to add" information, I can do that, I have 100's of times with no issues, I need some specific assistance on this particular entry and why it's not being accepted / added please.

Thanks in advance.

TipsyCow-SM.jpeg

B6123, Morley, Leeds, UK
2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Unable to add a business to Maps since late 2017 - need assistance

Hi @turbotapeworm,

I removed your post from the Spam Quarantine. Apparently it was caught by accident.

About your problem, well, the best thing you can do in this situation is to ask the owner to add and then claim the business in question (from his own account). Here's how he can do that.

If the problem persists, please go to the GMB Help Center and then select "Fix Issue". You can also reach to the Google My Business community for some additional help.

I hope that you'll find this information useful!

Kind Regards,

Klaudiya

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @turbotapeworm,

I removed your post from the Spam Quarantine. Apparently it was caught by accident.

About your problem, well, the best thing you can do in this situation is to ask the owner to add and then claim the business in question (from his own account). Here's how he can do that.

If the problem persists, please go to the GMB Help Center and then select "Fix Issue". You can also reach to the Google My Business community for some additional help.

I hope that you'll find this information useful!

Kind Regards,

Klaudiya

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Many thanks for getting back to me, I've passed on your guidance to the business owner and hopefully they will be able to sort this one out. Then I can do my bit and upload their 360 images and other media.

Cheers!