Fahid's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Trouble in Editing / suggesting changes to some places

I have troubles in editing / suggesting wrong location in some places. Few examples given below

1. Azhikode Light House, Azhikode, Kerala, India (https://goo.gl/maps/axVJgy1U3dS2)

Went to see the same 2 weeks before with the guidance from Google maps but fooled as I could find nothing in the destination as marked by Google maps!!! Then went to correct place with the instruction from local people and added the new place as 'The Light House' and photos were added under the same (https://goo.gl/maps/Wm9j1h5BsQF2). However I am not able to change the old place and nor suggest it as duplicate / wrong - seems the edit option is locked. See below picture for details.

Azhikode Light House.png

2. Kooloth Moidu Memorial Shopping Center (https://goo.gl/maps/KsqhXjX4ZzR2)

As I know this place closely, wanted to add photos including the shopping complex map but the same seems to be locked for editing again. Dont know what is the problem. Editing is not possible and not able to add photos too. (pic given below)

KC Moidu Shopping complex.png

There are many places showing this behavior too.

Thanks & Regards,

Fahid K.A.

Cochin, Kerala, India
8 comments
Level 10

Re: Trouble in Editing / suggesting changes to some places

Hi @Fahid

1) Maybe the first position is disappearing, and need some time to be merged as duplicate.

2) Sometimes happen, to geographic entities, there is not so much to do; if it's really useful to have photos, consider creating another POI and request merge as duplicate  ask someone else with higher powers 🙂

Connect Moderator

Hello,

Please do not create another POI, purposely creating a duplicate is against guidelines and should never be done.

Editing within Maps is only available for a subset of features, specifically the subset commonly know as the Establishment subset, which is mainly comprised of businesses.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Level 10

Hi @Flash,

Thanks for the fast response.

I am sorry to have created a duplicate entry but cant help as many will be wrongly directed to the place. I tried all 'Send Feedback' options and those are either related to fixing road segment or application issues (please see the below pic containing all the options under send feedback). Then decided to make a duplicate entry so that people who search for the same gets both the options and they could choose the correct one from the satellite view (Light house tower can be clearly spotted). I had added this because it may be an important place where people who comes to the nearby beach visit and I do not want them to be completely fooled by Google.

feedback options.png

Regards,

Fahid K.A.

@Flash wrote:

Hello,

Please do not create another POI, purposely creating a duplicate is against guidelines and should never be done.

Editing within Maps is only available for a subset of features, specifically the subset commonly know as the Establishment subset, which is mainly comprised of businesses.  If you are unable to edit a feature, please use "Send feedback -> Other Feedback" to request an edit.  If it appears that a feature should be in the Establishment subset but is not, please note that in your feedback and return later to see if Google updated the feature.

Level 10

Hi @LucioV,

First is related to a location edit and second is for adding photos.

Thanks & Regards,

Fahid K.A.

@LucioV wrote:

@Flash... he's not asking for an edit, he's asking how to add photos.... 

Level 9

@Fahid for the first one you only can try sending feedback. 

If you want to add photos there is way I have in my mind. 

Go to play store by using your android phone. Find Google Map, uninstall updates. Now visit to listing there will be a add photos option.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

Hi @deepakjhic,

Photo addition did not work for me either way. It seems locked for me to add the same under the specified location. You can see the only available option for me from the pic I have given above.

Thanks & Regards,

Fahid K.A.

@deepakjhic wrote:

@Fahid for the first one you only can try sending feedback. 

If you want to add photos there is way I have in my mind. 

Go to play store by using your android phone. Find Google Map, uninstall updates. Now visit to listing there will be a add photos option. 

@LucioV really mean of POI? 

@Flash can I share above information to others? 

Level 10

@deepakjhic wrote:

@LucioV really mean of POI? 

Are you sure this will work? Could be a really nice trick!!!!!! Thanks deep!